What's the reason behind this ebay scam help required

Found 31st Jul
So it goes like this

Item bought.

Seller does not respond.

Payment is not taken.

Ebay email to say it was a compromised account they have taken action do nothing.

OK but what did the person doing it get out of it because this has now happened three times on the same type item.

So what are they attempting to get away with?

Are they getting details they can use from us somehow?

I just don't get it why is someone hacking ebay and selling the same item but not taking any money???
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
They get your primary email address, phone number, full name, and full address.
Perhaps eBay stopped it before they could take the money ?
jamie01527 m ago

They get your primary email address, phone number, full name, and full …They get your primary email address, phone number, full name, and full address.

I see and what do they use them for as that's pretty much available anyway to anyone.
bowerman14 m ago

I see and what do they use them for as that's pretty much available anyway …I see and what do they use them for as that's pretty much available anyway to anyone.

I don't think that's what it is, I think @jco83 was right. I was just answering the question about what details they get from you.
Edited by: "jamie015" 31st Jul
What details would they have got do you think?

The sale never went through as payment was never taken.

Would ebay have sent my phone number address and email to them?

Has anyone sold anything what is sent after the sale go through?
Was it an iphone 8 brand new for £49.99 because i reported that item as its too good to be true!!
L_K12353 m ago

Was it an iphone 8 brand new for £49.99 because i reported that item as …Was it an iphone 8 brand new for £49.99 because i reported that item as its too good to be true!!

Lol. Defiantly too good to be true!!
no not particularly high price between £10 to £20
Some categories are not allowed n people still list item but get pulled by eBay may be used vaping gear or CBD etc
No it was a regular item and they were selling over 10 of them
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants