1. Tes Deals
Groups

Whats the score with sick notes? URGENT

Banned
    Do you have to provide a sick note if you are only having 3 days off sick at the weekend in a part time job?
    Cheers

11 Comments

i dont think so depends on company i no i dont

Nope.

When you hit the 8th day, as in just over a week regardless of how often you work.

Self cert for the first 5 days is the norm.
    Doctors wont normally give you a note until after then anyway.

Original Poster Banned

The company im working for is demanding a sick note?

jizzm;2157195

Demand one from your doctor then! I don't think they have any right to one until over a week.

answers.yahoo.com/que…hw8

Haven't read it all but I think it's the answer you're looking for.

jizzm;2157195

they cant do this, you self certify for 7days and as of the 8th day you need a sick note. Sick notes can be back dated but not pre dated.

Original Poster Banned

Benjimoron;2157214

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080509131307AAZ4hw8Haven't … http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080509131307AAZ4hw8Haven't read it all but I think it's the answer you're looking for.

Yes this is what ive just read.
    But the responses do seem slightly mixed.
    Most people are saying its self cert, while the minimal others are saying its the company's policy.

But that means if your off for 2 days, then every ody would be going to seee the doctor, just for a sick note..

"From NHS web site.......

Employers cannot ask for a doctor's certificate for the first seven days of a spell of sickness though they can ask you to notify them on your first day of absence."

Point them to the nhs web site???

It is self cert for the 1st week employers cannot demand a sicknote unless previously discussed/arranged due to sickness record.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1535
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?2589
      3. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1220
      4. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1219

See more discussions