Whats the secret to finding a turkey in M&S

20 replies
Found 17th Dec 2010
5 days in a row I've been and the shelves are empty, I'm sure I got one on the 23rd last year off the shelf... is there a turkey shortage I don't know about?

1. Misc
  2. Turkey
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Turkey
20 Comments

Normally you need to order one from there as they dont have many out. Fresh Turkeys are coming next week for definite though

Original Poster

bossyboots

Normally you need to order one from there as they dont have many out. … Normally you need to order one from there as they dont have many out. Fresh Turkeys are coming next week for definite though

I used to order but they normally charge you something ridicilous like £8.00 for the pleasure! Regret not doing it this time round, what a stress! Must have turkey! haha

greenhell

I used to order but they normally charge you something ridicilous like … I used to order but they normally charge you something ridicilous like £8.00 for the pleasure! Regret not doing it this time round, what a stress! Must have turkey! haha

wow didnt realise they charged you extra for ordering one! Yeah turkey is a must have, gone off it a bit though! Having turkey, ham and also a steak pie lol as my husband hates turkey and ham!

you have to wait until bg1 gets back from school

Original Poster

the turkey I ordered 1 year was 5-8 pounds dearer than what it was on the shelf.

maybe youre too early op? try again next week people probably want them fresh so like u said 23rd etc

Original Poster

superskilly

maybe youre too early op? try again next week people probably want them … maybe youre too early op? try again next week people probably want them fresh so like u said 23rd etc

Yeah hopefully!

One presumes the same applies as the M&S food deals:

1. Get there before the shop opens
2. Prepare to queue
3. Go armed with suitable weapons for beating off the hordes of Grandmas who buy 10 of everything.

loads of stuff is in short supply - went to 3 supermarkets to get green rizlas - nothing. Phoned loads of stores for calor gas refills in stock before I got some.

They're all attending Bernard Matthews funeral...

Edited by: "birdyboyuk" 17th Dec 2010

Go through the secret door at the sandwich display into the cave that leads to Turkeyworld.
There you will meet a guardian who will conduct you to the birds.

Original Poster

cannyscot

Go through the secret door at the sandwich display into the cave that … Go through the secret door at the sandwich display into the cave that leads to Turkeyworld.There you will meet a guardian who will conduct you to the birds.

haha

Banned

Get a job there.

Christmas eve trolley dash was excellent for the staff last year.

DLM

Get a job there.Christmas eve trolley dash was excellent for the staff … Get a job there.Christmas eve trolley dash was excellent for the staff last year.

you should have got a christmas job there what with your m&s exerience n all

my secret to getting a turkey op is to let my parents buy it as i'm staying there at christmas
i buy all the nibbles, frozen food and booze and they do the chrismas and boxing day dinners
Edited by: "missp27" 17th Dec 2010

greenhell

the turkey I ordered 1 year was 5-8 pounds dearer than what it was on the … the turkey I ordered 1 year was 5-8 pounds dearer than what it was on the shelf.

Why did you not buy one from the shelf then?

cant stand turkey myself (tastes a bit better curried but thats about it!)....but the oh insists!.......prefer a nice bit of pork and lamb!

Banned

whingygit

cant stand turkey myself (tastes a bit better curried but thats about … cant stand turkey myself (tastes a bit better curried but thats about it!)....but the oh insists!.......prefer a nice bit of pork and lamb!

have you tried a farm fresh turkey, go for a bronze , about 42 quid for a 6kg bird , my wifes' family are farmers and they grow and sell about 3500 of these from the farm gate , absolutely delicious

it doesnt have to be an M&S turkey, they all come from the same farms. (m&S, somerfield etc)

a frozen one cooked well will taste just the same. also there is this mythical belief that a turkey bought bought on chritmas eve is fresher than one bought on the 20th. nope. they last just the same in your own fridge.

M&S near me had loads today
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. New bladerunner1959
    2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)70562
    3. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery2685
    4. Add one, leave one game54415416

See more discussions