Whats the unexpectedly most useful item you have bought?

Found 3rd Dec 2017
I'm thinking something you have purchased seeing off HUKD on a whim not something you planned/researched, that you actually end up using a lot?

Personally it was the Phillips one blade, only bought because it was cheap but found it fantastic that it replaced my usual gillette AND iStubble.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
I bought my mum a kitchenaid mixer 10+ years ago.

She never used it and gave it to me.

BEST purchase ever, I use it every week and it has made baking such a joy for me.

I'd never have justified spending that money on myself
22 Comments
Not a purchase but free Hive bulbs and hub from British Gas. I didn’t see the point of these things until I received them, but found them quite useful. I might buy the plug now
A wedding ring
Boner.

It comes in handy but it needs washing afterwards
deleted800342
Bread.
Hmm. I didn't buy it in a whim, I had to buy it. But new washing machine is saving me a significant amount on water and electricity. Didn't expect a noticeable difference.
Edited by: "MSK." 3rd Dec 2017
MSK.7 m ago

Hmm. I didn't buy it in a whim, I had to buy it. But new washing machine …Hmm. I didn't buy it in a whim, I had to buy it. But new washing machine is saving me a significant amount on water and electricity. Didn't expect a noticeable difference.

32638862-MK4Q8.jpg
From a deal posted on HotUKDeals:
Nitecore Tube. 3 for £12.
My electric bill, otherwise I'd have no lighting at home
I bought my mum a kitchenaid mixer 10+ years ago.

She never used it and gave it to me.

BEST purchase ever, I use it every week and it has made baking such a joy for me.

I'd never have justified spending that money on myself
Few credit cards. Never thought I’ll be using them when applied but I am now.
HP Slate 21 from FS page..... £100 best purchase ever. in kitchen wall mounted.
MSK.22 h, 26 m ago

Hmm. I didn't buy it in a whim, I had to buy it. But new washing machine …Hmm. I didn't buy it in a whim, I had to buy it. But new washing machine is saving me a significant amount on water and electricity. Didn't expect a noticeable difference.

same. i had a really old washer and fridge freezer. replaced the washer with a washer dryer and got a new fridge freezer too, expected the bills to shoot up as was using a dryer for the first time but they actually were lower!
a litre bottle of Kraken rum .. I used it loads... until it ran out
Predikuesi23 h, 20 m ago

Not a purchase but free Hive bulbs and hub from British Gas. I didn’t see t …Not a purchase but free Hive bulbs and hub from British Gas. I didn’t see the point of these things until I received them, but found them quite useful. I might buy the plug now

I got these in the post yesterday but I haven't plugged them in yet? any good?
This little thing.

Picked it up for £3 from Amazon Warehouse. Brilliant for nipping out to the garden at night, looking in the back of the cupboard under the stairs, or working behind the cooker, stuff like that.

Better than a torch because it gives off proper light, doesn't need any batteries and you can't charge your phone from a torch

32646242-bdJkz.jpg
Edited by: "deeky" 4th Dec 2017
deeky41 m ago

This little thing.Picked it up for £3 from Amazon Warehouse. Brilliant for …This little thing.Picked it up for £3 from Amazon Warehouse. Brilliant for nipping out to the garden at night, looking in the back of the cupboard under the stairs, or working behind the cooker, stuff like that. Better than a torch because it gives off proper light, doesn't need any batteries and you can't charge your phone from a torch [Image]

Who do you think you are.....wee Willy Winkie?
airfix29 m ago

Who do you think you are.....wee Willy Winkie?

Wee Willy?
Fire tablet 7. £30 from John Lewis on Black Friday. Great little tablet, stream my music, films etc and small enough to fit in a big pocket, take it to work and not that bothered if it breaks as it was so cheap
Not so much a deal from here but bought with a 10% off voucher from here was my dishwasher. I'd managed quite happily with a bowl in the sink all my life but moved to a new build with space for an integrated dishwasher. My son had just started a catering course at college and you would not believe how many extra bowls that means when washing up. You need a bowl to put the vegetable peelings in and a bowl to put the prepared vegetables in and you have the chopping board you chopped them on. One meal creates an entire dishwasher full of plates, bowls, knives, pans and the like. How I did not kill him by tasting food by sticking my finger in and licking it is a miracle. That requires 12-15 teaspoons
arcangel1117 h, 42 m ago

I got these in the post yesterday but I haven't plugged them in yet? any …I got these in the post yesterday but I haven't plugged them in yet? any good?

I put one in the hall and another in the living room lamp stand and set them to come on at 30% as background light. You might as well give them a try nw you have them.
A petrol powered self propelled mower.
Was half price for a 100 from home base,
Was a hukd deal.
Best lawn mower ever starts easy and is quite
A LED key chain torch. Phones all have torches built into them these days, but up to a few years ago, the only way to get portable illumination was to use a torch about the size of a cucumber. Key chain torches cost pennies, and were super-handy. Plus, they lasted for years, so you could hang them up in dark nooks around the house, and have small torches everywhere you needed them.

Also, gas powered soldering iron, and battery powered screwdriver. Godsends.

And, Bluetooth headphones. Apple were sooo tight to eschew the 3.5mm jack. They've dragged things forward.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions