What's this on my neighbours roof?

Found 16th Oct 2017
So a house opposite my house have this yellow thing on their roof... Does anyone have any ideas what it is or what it does?

It suddenly went up one weekend. I don't have a great relationship with them so don't really want to ask them.

2813511-lJV8U.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Well Google Images says it's a Banana!

32262900-KQ6hd.jpg

On a more serious note I'm thinking its a small wind turbine.
32262900-kur4T.jpg
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 16th Oct 2017
ipswich789 m ago

Know what speed the wind is blowing at?

"John darling, what's the wind speed today"

"5.6 knots love"

"Ahhh... Great. I can hang the washing out. Thanks for erecting that big yellow thing on the roof love"

"No worries love"
callmemonks3 m ago

What would one do with a wind speed indicator?

23 Comments
Well Google Images says it's a Banana!

32262900-KQ6hd.jpg

On a more serious note I'm thinking its a small wind turbine.
32262900-kur4T.jpg
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 16th Oct 2017
Looks like a wind speed indicator but could be wrong.
How dare you take pictures of my top secret listening device !
mds12563 m ago

Looks like a wind speed indicator but could be wrong.

callmemonks3 m ago

ipswich789 m ago

"John darling, what's the wind speed today"

"5.6 knots love"

"Ahhh... Great. I can hang the washing out. Thanks for erecting that big yellow thing on the roof love"

"No worries love"
Thought it might have been a wind turbine. Haven't seen them anywhere else.
I'm firmly in the wind turbine camp - too big to be an anemometer . Pop outside and have a butchers , should be spinning like the clappers in this wind
I saw this on one of those rip off tv program, if my memory serves me right (and dont rely on this) where someone was conned into buying a device that looks like this with the promise that it would generate enough electricity for the house. I think he paid a few thousand for it, and surprise surprise it didnt work
You're asking this during a hurricane ? Could be my shed for all I know.
It’s a cannabis detector.....
mutley18 h, 45 m ago

I saw this on one of those rip off tv program, if my memory serves me …I saw this on one of those rip off tv program, if my memory serves me right (and dont rely on this) where someone was conned into buying a device that looks like this with the promise that it would generate enough electricity for the house. I think he paid a few thousand for it, and surprise surprise it didnt work

Aren't most it not all inland Wind Turbines sold on this hopeful idea?

Can't beat Seven Trent Water who has constructed a steel statue in tribute to Wind Turbines in Derby - that still, after four years isn't working properly originally it was because it interferes with the East Midlands Airport radar no idea what the latest excuse is.
Looks hideous , a bit like solar panels
Look at your councils planning applications portal online and search for the house. This will tell you what it is, if permission was sought that is.
Of all the colours to make it, they pick bright banana yellow
bigweapon074 m ago

Look at your councils planning applications portal online and search for …Look at your councils planning applications portal online and search for the house. This will tell you what it is, if permission was sought that is.

Never thought to do that... I guess if no planning permission was sought I might have to make an anonymous complaint *insert evil laugh*
perhaps that bloke who jumped around a floating map telling the weather inaccurately lives there

...if he's been released from prison that is
Could they have made it any uglier?
If he's lucky it might generate enough juice to charge his phone when Ophelia hits
Edited by: "tallpete33" 17th Oct 2017
It's an Mini Small Home Vertical Axis Wind Turbine Generator Smart Wind 1000 Windmill 1k
deleted793389
maddogb27 m ago

lol …lol temptedhttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-small-home-vertical-axis-wind-turbine-generator-SMART-WIND-1000-windmill-1K-/162713455295

Haha reassuring
NEVER leave a negative Feed-Back (-) or neutral (=). If the product is not to your liking, you can return it within 14 days and we'll give you ALL the money. You can write your opinion freely in a positive feedback.
deleted79338918th Oct 2017

Haha reassuringNEVER leave a negative Feed-Back (-) or neutral (=). If the …Haha reassuringNEVER leave a negative Feed-Back (-) or neutral (=). If the product is not to your liking, you can return it within 14 days and we'll give you ALL the money. You can write your opinion freely in a positive feedback.

yeah i wonder what he would do if you did leave a neg, maybe "make you an offer you can't refuse"
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants