Whats this vehicle worth please?

Posted 24th May
ebay.co.uk/itm…rue

This vehicle suits my need for wheelchair use and mileage is very low, he hasnt put the year in the advert and when I asked it was 10 years old. Surely its overpriced for a 10 year old vehicle even if mileage is low? Any suggestions as to what real value would be? Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
20 Comments
2500 ish maybe 3 but do your research, Fiat have issues and if the car has been standing for a while it may have some issues.
Ask for the reg & put it in here:

check-mot.service.gov.uk/

it'll give you a bit more info on its condition if you wade through past tests.
BadMF24/05/2020 20:52

Its worth more than that, WAV are dearer when already converted.
ndyanem24/05/2020 21:04

https://www.carbuyer.co.uk/reviews/fiat/qubo/mini-mpv/owner-reviews

Thanks with the reviews on there and his stupid price I will give it a miss.
Dont want a car shuddering on 45 miles I like to do 70 when I can.
Tbh I always feel a bit wary when the seller doesn't show the reg plate...
There's a 62 reg adapted Qubo with 34k miles on Autotrader for £3,995 from a dealer. So with a private sale of a 2+ years older car, even with lower mileage, I'd say around £2,000 to £2,500. Mind you, I wouldn't wish a 10 year old Fiat on my worst enemy.
Maverick7724/05/2020 21:19

Tbh I always feel a bit wary when the seller doesn't show the reg plate...

2 reasons why I don't display the reg on my adverts when I do sell a car is:

1- Your vehicle could be cloned.
2- Scammers could use your advert to pretend to sell your car. This is a very common scam where they advertise the car cheaply and when someone hands over £500 deposit to hold it, they run off with that money. The police will knock your door if that reg was on display, not the hassle you want.

All genuine buyers need to do is ask for the reg. Scammers or car cloners won't do that because it leaves a footprint.
Edited by: "J4GG4" 24th May
J4GG424/05/2020 22:47

2 reasons why I don't display the reg on my adverts when I do sell a car …2 reasons why I don't display the reg on my adverts when I do sell a car is:1- Your vehicle could be cloned.2- Scammers could use your advert to pretend to sell your car. This is a very common scam where they advertise the car cheaply and when someone hands over £500 deposit to hold it, they run off with that money. The police will knock your door if that reg was on display, not the hassle you want.All genuine buyers need to do is ask for the reg. Scammers or car cloners won't do that because it leaves a footprint.

Happened to a friend they saw an Audi in autotrader drove to Leeds with the cash got ambushed by a gang and robbed police confirmed was a cloned vehicle that was advertised and had done it twice
Without the Reg Number who knows.
BadMF24/05/2020 20:52

More than that with the adaptions. It would be at least £1k above the standard black book price.
RachelJones1124/05/2020 21:18

Thanks with the reviews on there and his stupid price I will give it a …Thanks with the reviews on there and his stupid price I will give it a miss. Dont want a car shuddering on 45 miles I like to do 70 when I can.

You may know this, but some small vans are subject to lower speed limits. One of my neighbours has just been done for doing 57 in a '60' limit because she didn't know that her little vw caddy was subject to van limits.

Complicated rules around this, but you could easily come a cropper eg whatvan.co.uk/new…ers
J4GG424/05/2020 22:47

2 reasons why I don't display the reg on my adverts when I do sell a car …2 reasons why I don't display the reg on my adverts when I do sell a car is:1- Your vehicle could be cloned.2- Scammers could use your advert to pretend to sell your car. This is a very common scam where they advertise the car cheaply and when someone hands over £500 deposit to hold it, they run off with that money. The police will knock your door if that reg was on display, not the hassle you want.All genuine buyers need to do is ask for the reg. Scammers or car cloners won't do that because it leaves a footprint.

Whilst that's true and does happen, It could happen anyway. Your reg is on permanent display on your car anyway.

It's nice to know the reg when looking at adverts so we can check insurance and the history of a vehicle etc.. If they blank out the reg it sometimes puts people off. Sometimes folk don't like contacting or waiting for response etc..
.MUFC.25/05/2020 11:26

Whilst that's true and does happen, It could happen anyway. Your reg is on …Whilst that's true and does happen, It could happen anyway. Your reg is on permanent display on your car anyway. It's nice to know the reg when looking at adverts so we can check insurance and the history of a vehicle etc.. If they blank out the reg it sometimes puts people off. Sometimes folk don't like contacting or waiting for response etc..

One reason to always display your reg number when selling your car:

If you don't then everyone apart from the naive will think you are a scammer.

If people want to clone a vehicle all they need to do is walk down any street & select any car of their choosing.
Edited by: "Willy_Wonka" 25th May
.MUFC.25/05/2020 11:26

Whilst that's true and does happen, It could happen anyway. Your reg is on …Whilst that's true and does happen, It could happen anyway. Your reg is on permanent display on your car anyway. It's nice to know the reg when looking at adverts so we can check insurance and the history of a vehicle etc.. If they blank out the reg it sometimes puts people off. Sometimes folk don't like contacting or waiting for response etc..

Car cloners aren't going to steal a porsche 911 and then go driving around various towns to find another identical 911 to use its plates. They'll simply pop onto the internet in the comfort of their car cloning cave and type in 'Porsche 911' on ebay and steal all info within minutes.

I know a lot of people get put off when the reg isn't on display but, when you're paying 20k for a car, why would it be a hassle to send a quick 20 second message to ask some info? While sending the message you could ask if its ever been written off...etc.

If you're going to part with your money, ask as many questions as possible IMO.
Edited by: "J4GG4" 25th May
J4GG425/05/2020 11:45

Car cloners aren't going to steal a porsche 911 and then go driving around …Car cloners aren't going to steal a porsche 911 and then go driving around various towns to find another identical 911 to use its plates. They'll simply pop onto the internet in the comfort of their car cloning cave and type in 'Porsche 911' on ebay and steal all info within minutes.I know a lot of people get put off when the reg isn't on display but, when you're paying 20k for a car, why would it be a hassle to send a quick 20 second message to ask some info? While sending the message you could ask if its ever been written off...etc.If you're going to part with your money, ask as many questions as possible IMO.

True, I can understand your point, I've even seen real examples of cloned plates etc... but on the whole I'd just advertise my car as it is etc.. It's not a Porsche and I'm not bothered about the police knocking on my door for crimes I haven't committed and petrol stations I haven't robbed Each to their own. On the other hand I don't instantly assume they're scammers for hiding their plates, However unless I'm really interested in the particular car I'll just pass onto one I can check out etc.. Plenty of cars about etc..

As for messaging, Sometimes we don't like waiting for responses or inconveniencing someone for the sake of just checking the history etc..

There's also a little difference between a £5k Ford Focus and a £20k Porsche so that's a bit of an unfair comparison. I'd certainly be more cautious buying the Porsche and would certainly be asking more questions etc... If I was really interested in something I'd contact them but it would have to stand out from the rest etc.. If it's got a really thorough description it might make up for the lack of plates etc.. It's minor detail really but can influence a potential sale.
It’s expensive to convert car derived vans to take wheelchairs they hold their value very well,my mums friend sold her 02 plate Citroen with 78,000 miles for £4200 but I must admit it had been very well looked after with full dealer service history.
Edited by: "Sprograt" 25th May
mas9925/05/2020 09:04

You may know this, but some small vans are subject to lower speed limits. …You may know this, but some small vans are subject to lower speed limits. One of my neighbours has just been done for doing 57 in a '60' limit because she didn't know that her little vw caddy was subject to van limits.Complicated rules around this, but you could easily come a cropper eg https://www.whatvan.co.uk/news/2012/speed-warning-for-nemofiorinobipper-drivers

No I never knew that, most WAV are small van type vehicles.
RachelJones1126/05/2020 18:10

No I never knew that, most WAV are small van type vehicles.

The rules are quite complex, but I know of a couple of people who've fallen foul of them. VW caddy mentioned above and a fiat doblo. You even get the bizzare situation that different spec levels of the same vehicle can have different limits because of different weights.

Best thing is to check the V5 and see what vehicle class its been registered as.

This matters more as we get more automatic speed cameras that can tell the speed limit from the number plate.
Post a comment
@
    Text