EXPIRED

Whats Up With Currys??? are they in trouble??

I was just wondering whats up with currys recently ?

There seems to be plenty of deals for blu ray players and surround sound systems etc for stupid prices like the sony s350 for £39.97 and the curtis blu ray for £19.97 and major blu ray sorround sound system from £900 odd pound down to £80??

I mean this is maddness sell items like these for double the price people will still pay them

or currys in trouble does anyone know

24 Comments

cant find any bluray players for £19

Anything with a .97p at the end is clearance end of line gear. Currys have been in trouble for ages, no wonder when their prices are daft and the majority of their staff are a waste of space.

Went to buy a PS3 at the weekend... had them in stock but couldn't do me a bundle because all their bundles came with GhostBusters which they hadn't even had in yet... and they couldn't modify the bundle.

Wouldn't do a deal on a PS3 and a £1200 TV, FFS no wonder they are going down the pan, the sooner the better if you ask me.

SuperEd

Celticsun;6101409

Anything with a .97p at the end is clearance end of line gear. Currys … Anything with a .97p at the end is clearance end of line gear. Currys have been in trouble for ages, no wonder when their prices are daft and the majority of their staff are a waste of space.Went to buy a PS3 at the weekend... had them in stock but couldn't do me a bundle because all their bundles came with GhostBusters which they hadn't even had in yet... and they couldn't modify the bundle.Wouldn't do a deal on a PS3 and a £1200 TV, FFS no wonder they are going down the pan, the sooner the better if you ask me.

+1

curtis blu ray for 19.97?? when did that happen?

gods currys are a nightmare sold us a tumble dryer and happily took money for an 'express delivery' service. Delivery day came and went and when I called them they said they couldn't find stock of the machine in the warehouse!!! Told us it would be here in 6-8 weeks. Went back in had to fight for a full refund, went next door to Comet, bought a machine that was delivered the next day. simplez!

Original Poster

barky;6101452

curtis blu ray for 19.97?? when did that happen?

been mentioned a few times on here

hotukdeals.com/ite…19-

Supermod

Celticsun;6101409

Anything with a .97p at the end is clearance end of line gear. Currys … Anything with a .97p at the end is clearance end of line gear. Currys have been in trouble for ages, no wonder when their prices are daft and the majority of their staff are a waste of space.Went to buy a PS3 at the weekend... had them in stock but couldn't do me a bundle because all their bundles came with GhostBusters which they hadn't even had in yet... and they couldn't modify the bundle.Wouldn't do a deal on a PS3 and a £1200 TV, FFS no wonder they are going down the pan, the sooner the better if you ask me.

What an absolutely stupid thing to say. You want them to shut down and for thousands of people to lose their job just because they wouldnt do you "a deal" or modify a bundle .

magicjay1986;6101576

What an absolutely stupid thing to say. You want them to shut down and … What an absolutely stupid thing to say. You want them to shut down and for thousands of people to lose their job just because they wouldnt do you "a deal" or modify a bundle .

I agree...Stupid comment and it would also do major damage to Manufacturers as well. They are the biggest account for most companies :thumbsup:

My opinion, I am entitled. The only reason they are still in business is the fact millions of sheep go there every day to buy stuff from them becuase they think that Currys is the only option. If people voted with their feet Currys would have to revise their stores and staff and the overall customer service.

Yes Magicjay I want them to close and for people to lose their jobs due to them not providing the amazing service they claim to, the broken promises the dodgy warrantys the lousy customer service and the down right lies the sales people tell you in order to get you to buy something.

I am of the opinion if a business does not deliver what good is it, what right does it have to continue providing a shoddy service.

here we go again.

currys (in fact all DSG group) have fans and haters. i'm in the hate camp. a lot of people wouldn't lose any sleep if DSG went away. people don't care about the personal cost of such a closure because they only feel the hatred caused by the same staff as soon as you walk into a DSG store, poor CS, terrible attitudes, agressive sales staff, out and out lies told by staff, and the list could go on and on. personally i see it as a necessary evil if i have to go into a DSG store. if i can avoid it i will. if the staff were to behave as they do in other stores there wouldn't be such hatred expressed

so where is this "major blu ray sorround sound system from £900 odd pound down to £80??"

Original Poster

jambo1082;6101707

so where is this "major blu ray sorround sound system from £900 odd pound … so where is this "major blu ray sorround sound system from £900 odd pound down to £80??"

link here people seem to find them somone drove 50 miles to get one dont blame him really

hotukdeals.com/ite…0w/

Celticsun;6101652

My opinion, I am entitled. The only reason they are still in business is … My opinion, I am entitled. The only reason they are still in business is the fact millions of sheep go there every day to buy stuff from them becuase they think that Currys is the only option. If people voted with their feet Currys would have to revise their stores and staff and the overall customer service.Yes Magicjay I want them to close and for people to lose their jobs due to them not providing the amazing service they claim to, the broken promises the dodgy warrantys the lousy customer service and the down right lies the sales people tell you in order to get you to buy something.I am of the opinion if a business does not deliver what good is it, what right does it have to continue providing a shoddy service.

agreed,don't want anyone to lose a job but they are a disgrace,the absolute pits imo

magicjay1986;6101576

What an absolutely stupid thing to say. You want them to shut down and … What an absolutely stupid thing to say. You want them to shut down and for thousands of people to lose their job just because they wouldnt do you "a deal" or modify a bundle .

gr8h8me;6101612

I agree...Stupid comment and it would also do major damage to … I agree...Stupid comment and it would also do major damage to Manufacturers as well. They are the biggest account for most companies :thumbsup:

boothy;6102094

agreed,don't want anyone to lose a job but they are a disgrace,the … agreed,don't want anyone to lose a job but they are a disgrace,the absolute pits imo

Realisticly the only people who will lose their jobs are the berks sat around in offices making the rules and decisions and causing the problems at shop level. Currys and the 'group' will never close down as per the likes of woolies. But it needs a shake up either someone else buying them out and replacing the driftwood staff etc. Any of the staff that are helpful (and there are a few) will generally keep their jobs, so this high moral ground of 'Thats stupid you want thousands of people to lose their jobs' is a load of BS.

Supermod

Celticsun;6102173

Realisticly the only people who will lose their jobs are the berks sat … Realisticly the only people who will lose their jobs are the berks sat around in offices making the rules and decisions and causing the problems at shop level. Currys and the 'group' will never close down as per the likes of woolies. But it needs a shake up either someone else buying them out and replacing the driftwood staff etc. Any of the staff that are helpful (and there are a few) will generally keep their jobs, so this high moral ground of 'Thats stupid you want thousands of people to lose their jobs' is a load of BS.

I am not taking a moral high ground. I am just saying that wishing a company to go "down the pan" is not an opinion you should take no matter how bad their service is. You have a choice as a consumer. Shop there, or shop elsewhere. I am sure for the sums you were talking in your earlier thread you could get a television elsewhere for the same price or less.

magicjay1986;6102365

I am not taking a moral high ground. I am just saying that wishing a … I am not taking a moral high ground. I am just saying that wishing a company to go "down the pan" is not an opinion you should take no matter how bad their service is. You have a choice as a consumer. Shop there, or shop elsewhere. I am sure for the sums you were talking in your earlier thread you could get a television elsewhere for the same price or less.

Yeah I do have a choice, but the TV in question is limited in where I can get it from.

My second annoyance regarding this is, my local Currys.. the sales guy said we haven't that telly in stock but we have 33 on order so you should get it within a month.

I went to another bigger currys in the next town and spoke to a young lad (who was genuinely helpful, the first I have ever come across) he took the time to ring Head office to find out when there would be stock available. He came back from the phone shaking his head saying its unlikely we are gonna have them in till late in the year, we haven't even got a date from the manufacturer yet! So the guy in the previous store was feeding me a line of BS in order for me to get an order placed and his sales figures up for the day.

Yes I have a choice as a consumer and that is to share my consumerist opinion on what a shower of kack currys are as a whole.

Supermod

Celticsun;6102503

Yeah I do have a choice, but the TV in question is limited in where I can … Yeah I do have a choice, but the TV in question is limited in where I can get it from.My second annoyance regarding this is, my local Currys.. the sales guy said we haven't that telly in stock but we have 33 on order so you should get it within a month.I went to another bigger currys in the next town and spoke to a young lad (who was genuinely helpful, the first I have ever come across) he took the time to ring Head office to find out when there would be stock available. He came back from the phone shaking his head saying its unlikely we are gonna have them in till late in the year, we haven't even got a date from the manufacturer yet! So the guy in the previous store was feeding me a line of BS in order for me to get an order placed and his sales figures up for the day.Yes I have a choice as a consumer and that is to share my consumerist opinion on what a shower of kack currys are as a whole.

You lack faith. You seriously think that the first employee would have taken £1200 from you and promised it within one month and then called you every month telling you it still isnt there...for a further 11 months? Somehow I doubt this will happen.

Share your consumerist opinion. Just try not to be so uneducated when it comes to what wouldnt help the economy and employees of the company.

magicjay1986;6102730

You lack faith. You seriously think that the first employee would have … You lack faith. You seriously think that the first employee would have taken £1200 from you and promised it within one month and then called you every month telling you it still isnt there...for a further 11 months? Somehow I doubt this will happen. Share your consumerist opinion. Just try not to be so uneducated when it comes to what wouldnt help the economy and employees of the company.

So you have the right to insinuate I am uneducated, yet I have no right in my opinion in regards to what happens to a company that clearly provide a substandard service.

Does your mummy or daddy work for currys?

Supermod

Celticsun;6102853

So you have the right to insinuate I am uneducated, yet I have no right … So you have the right to insinuate I am uneducated, yet I have no right in my opinion in regards to what happens to a company that clearly provide a substandard service.Does your mummy or daddy work for currys?

Uneducated views towards the economy. Jobs would be lost "instore" which pay for their mortgages, children and general running and living costs.

No. They dont. Not every large company has a 100% customer service record or an incredibly high level of training. For that reason alone they do not deserve to go "down the pan".

Moral high ground? No. I simply know how job losses affect people.

It's just discontinued stock.

End of topic.

Supermod

t0mm;6103015

It's just discontinued stock. End of topic.

It isnt for you to end a debate.

magicjay1986;6103054

It isnt for you to end a debate.

Yes it is.

Supermod

t0mm;6103062

Yes it is.

Honestly, it isnt. ;-)

magicjay1986;6103072

Honestly, it isnt. ;-)

It is when you know the answer, and can even give it in one sentence.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Find out how good your GP surgery is22
    2. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…6541246
    3. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917259
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846169

See more discussions