What's up with HUKD moderators these days?

Found 29th May
I'm not one for moaning but it does irritate me when a deal is lifted from the site for no good reason.

The recent Spytec dash cam deal I posted for example was lifted because 'the merchant / store you've shared in the following thread isn't currently suitable for HotUKDeals and goes onto say 'Our moderators will always check the background of a newly submitted store, to ensure it has adequate customer feedback, to see that it is registered as a UK Business (or has adequate UK feedback to prove it has successfully traded within the UK).'

The moderators so thoroughly checked the background of this store that they missed - the 99% positive in the last 12 months, the UK VAT and Trade Register Number and that the order would be fulfilled by Amazon.

Am I missing something?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
I'm still struggling with this cobblers. Spytec is a US based company in NYC not China. Has Spytec given HUKD any reason to suspect they are up-to no good or is there the suggestion that I'm making $20 off the back of the deal I posted?

Call me cynical but it's starting to feel like if deals don't make HUKD a handful of change they are deemed not suitable.
I've only been on the site 4 years but I've seen a definite change in the direction of site. The whole site, ethos, mods and contributors seem more cynical. There also seems to be a lot of Lurkers (hiding in the background, snagging bargains and contributing nothing except sarcastic and unhelpful comments).
15 Comments
Hi @Dusty we have made a few changes regarding non UK fulfilled by Amazon merchants, please see here
The FBA deals the incentives flow the wrong way, gearbest on the other hand...
I'm still struggling with this cobblers. Spytec is a US based company in NYC not China. Has Spytec given HUKD any reason to suspect they are up-to no good or is there the suggestion that I'm making $20 off the back of the deal I posted?

Call me cynical but it's starting to feel like if deals don't make HUKD a handful of change they are deemed not suitable.
I've only been on the site 4 years but I've seen a definite change in the direction of site. The whole site, ethos, mods and contributors seem more cynical. There also seems to be a lot of Lurkers (hiding in the background, snagging bargains and contributing nothing except sarcastic and unhelpful comments).
It's probably a good deal but hukd don't earn enough commission unfortunately
Dusty26 m ago

I'm still struggling with this cobblers. Spytec is a US based company in …I'm still struggling with this cobblers. Spytec is a US based company in NYC not China. Has Spytec given HUKD any reason to suspect they are up-to no good or is there the suggestion that I'm making $20 off the back of the deal I posted?Call me cynical but it's starting to feel like if deals don't make HUKD a handful of change they are deemed not suitable.

A typical HUKD member (myself included) doesn't have access to some vendor info obtained by HUKD admin: random example may be previous self-promo from a FBA vendor. I trust site admin implicitly
AndyRoyd13 m ago

A typical HUKD member (myself included) doesn't have access to some vendor …A typical HUKD member (myself included) doesn't have access to some vendor info obtained by HUKD admin: random example may be previous self-promo from a FBA vendor. I trust site admin implicitly

I wonder if admin will pop in on this thread with some examples of Spytec's previous self-promos?

I won't hold my breath!
I've had this issue as well. I had a good deal I wanted to post for a power bank, well priced, as it turns out a very good bit of kit. From a well reviewed company on amazon UK based in the US. Delivery was prompt. The equipment excellent but they just would not allow it on.

If it's a dodgy Chinese based company then crack on, no problems.

I have given up posting any deals now, not worth the effort. I'll just be a full time lurker and anything I do find that's a decent deal will just have to go unpublished.
If it makes you feel any better, I’ve had two deals recently put straight into moderation (both were Ryman’s ones I think- I know the second one was).

It does make a change from when they did block them entirely though!
I'm not going out my way to post deals again. This arbitrary deletion of deals from legit websites feels like a kick in the balls for those who go out there way to spread the word! It denies the deal poster heat in recognition for his/her efforts finding the bargain and denies the bargain hunter his/her bargain. This place would be nowt if it wasn't for us lot.

Still salty, time for a shower
Maybe it's time for a new section.. 'Endorsed and guaranteed by HUKD'?
AndyRoyd4 h, 0 m ago

A typical HUKD member (myself included) doesn't have access to some vendor …A typical HUKD member (myself included) doesn't have access to some vendor info obtained by HUKD admin: random example may be previous self-promo from a FBA vendor. I trust site admin implicitly

Please tell me your wife's name is Emma.
jimmy_the_fridge23 m ago

Please tell me your wife's name is Emma.

Nah, my partner's name is IOS.
Some of the deals that get pulled are because of customers having bad experiences with such vendors or too many complaints/reports .. i had a message once about a problematic vendor as to why my post was taken off
Just an update. The deal I posted that was unsuitable for HUKD turn up today from Amazon. Ended up with the Viofo A119 Pro.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants