What's up with that new iPhone 11 ad showing stuff being thrown at the phone?

Posted 30th Sep
Are we supposed to be impressed an iPhone can withstand items such as rubber toy hammers, soft sticky Spiderman figures, pieces of soft brocolli and...a WEDDING CAKE?

Wow big deal Apple I'm so impressed your phone suffered no damage from these SOFT items. My Galaxy S9 fails miserably when I throw a pillow on it...no wait it doesn't it's fine.

Why didn't they use feathers or balloons? You know...something hard according to Apple.
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

16 Comments
Designed to impress the intellectually challenged Apple Fan boys and Fan girls I presume - seems to work .
deleted90213930/09/2019 21:42

Designed to impress the intellectually challenged Apple Fan boys and Fan …Designed to impress the intellectually challenged Apple Fan boys and Fan girls I presume - seems to work .

Ive seen like 3 variations and every single one leaves me thinking surely people aren't impressed by that....
Trying to brainwash the masses into thinking its indestructible and it’s the safer bet
fanpages30/09/2019 21:46

[Video]

That's the one. Look at it standing up to all those soggy brocollis. I'm so impressed apple take my £800
Edited by: "bbfb123" 30th Sep
bbfb12330/09/2019 22:36

That's the one. Look at it standing up to all those soggy brocollis. I'm …That's the one. Look at it standing up to all those soggy brocollis. I'm so impressed apple take my £800

I think you may be missing the point of the advertisement.
fanpages30/09/2019 22:40

I think you may be missing the point of the advertisement.

Which is? Enlighten me.

The ad states: it's tough out there. Suggesting the phone is a tough phone and they tested it by firing rubber toys, wet vegetables and sticky toys at it. Hardly a tough test was it? They should have used something hard like stones or metal.

But they didnt since that would break the so called "tough" phone.

The truth is that new phone is no more tough than any other overpriced apple phone and they damm well know it.
Edited by: "bbfb123" 30th Sep
fanpages30/09/2019 22:45

The 'phone can take all that life can throw at it.

Load of horse crap. People don't throw vegetables at their phone. They drop them. The iPhone 11 would break if they dropped it. But instead they recorded that stupid advert showing extremely unlikely scenarios to give a false belief to people that the phone is tough.
bbfb12330/09/2019 22:47

Load of horse crap. People don't throw vegetables at their phone. They …Load of horse crap. People don't throw vegetables at their phone. They drop them. The iPhone 11 would break if they dropped it. But instead they recorded that stupid advert showing extremely unlikely scenarios to give a false belief to people that the phone is tough.

Again, you are missing the point.

Never mind. If the advertising confuses you, I would stick with your Samsung.
fanpages30/09/2019 22:48

Again, you are missing the point.Never mind. If the advertising confuses …Again, you are missing the point.Never mind. If the advertising confuses you, I would stick with your Samsung.

I will do thanks. Least it's not £45 for a Samsung branded silicone phone case. Complete set of rip off merchants. I pity poor sheep who pay over the odds for apple branded tat I really do.
bbfb12330/09/2019 22:51

I will do thanks. Least it's not £45 for a Samsung branded silicone phone …I will do thanks. Least it's not £45 for a Samsung branded silicone phone case. Complete set of rip off merchants. I pity poor sheep who pay over the odds for apple branded tat I really do.

OK.

[ amazon.co.uk/gp/…c=1 ]
fanpages30/09/2019 22:54

OK.[ …OK.[ https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B079FWYQJN/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1 ]

That's a case and a stand. On Apple website they have silicone cases, exactly same as the ones from a market stall for 2 quid, with an apple logo on the back.
bbfb12330/09/2019 22:59

That's a case and a stand. On Apple website they have silicone cases, …That's a case and a stand. On Apple website they have silicone cases, exactly same as the ones from a market stall for 2 quid, with an apple logo on the back.

OK.
1 small drop from any higher than 3cm enjoy a smashed screen though.
I threw a real hammer at mine and it didn’t break.

Ok admittedly I did miss.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants