What’s With Amazon

Posted 13th Sep
I ordered some sharp items from there scissors and knives for me mother. Get an email from amazon saying need id make sure I have id and it can’t be left in a safe place, not an issue I expected all this. HOWEVER, delivery driver comes hands over package, walks off. I asked amazon why there was no id or signature taken. They told me it had been signed for by a Jen, there’s no Jen here. I had at one point an advisor say it’s nothing to worry about. Well it worrying that no only are they not asking for id still but no they forge names.

TL;DR - got stab by items, didn’t get asked for id, naughty Amazon driver forged a name.
Community Updates
Misc
13 Comments
Stab someone in the face, then sue amazon for not performing proper due diligence. That'll teach 'em.
Yeah their service has gone down hill in my opinion. I keep ordering items and then have hassle with small issues. They do keep giving me items for free though.
Seems problem with the training of the driver, he just wanted his job done and dusted. I like Amazon personally, you just don't get customer service like it IMO from anyone else, never had one problem and order from them on a weekly basis.
Edited by: "Donkii" 13th Sep
jaydeeuk113/09/2019 09:54

Stab someone in the face, then sue amazon for not performing proper due …Stab someone in the face, then sue amazon for not performing proper due diligence. That'll teach 'em.

Go on the world the knives can be the stabbers and the scissors my ninja star
Donkii13/09/2019 09:59

Seems problem with the training of the driver, he just wanted his job done …Seems problem with the training of the driver, he just wanted his job done and dusted. I like Amazon personally, you just don't get customer service like it IMO from anyone else, never had one problem and order from them on a weekly basis.

I have 0 issue with amazon. Yeah I don’t get why the driver thought signing and putting a false name down was a good idea though. I was quite shocked by the “don’t worry about the id” from the customer service, who thought I complained about being id at first, then when they realised it was like, meh poop happens
DanSpaghetti13/09/2019 10:03

I have 0 issue with amazon. Yeah I don’t get why the driver thought s …I have 0 issue with amazon. Yeah I don’t get why the driver thought signing and putting a false name down was a good idea though. I was quite shocked by the “don’t worry about the id” from the customer service, who thought I complained about being id at first, then when they realised it was like, meh poop happens

From my understanding Amazon now use what I can only describe as a "free lance" courier for their Prime or next day service, basically anyone who has free time and a car. I also understand they what these guys get paid depends on how quickly they get their deliveries done. I ordered a Amazon Show 5 at about 4pm a few weeks ago and as I am prime it went through with a next day service. When I got my parcel the next day it had a sticker on it saying EMR 4, when out of curiosity I asked the guy delivering what it mean he said that it was an emergency parcel and that it had been through 4 couriers. But yeah I agree they would need to tighten up on items such as knives and not make people up .
Donkii13/09/2019 10:08

From my understanding Amazon now use what I can only describe as a "free …From my understanding Amazon now use what I can only describe as a "free lance" courier for their Prime or next day service, basically anyone who has free time and a car. I also understand they what these guys get paid depends on how quickly they get their deliveries done. I ordered a Amazon Show 5 at about 4pm a few weeks ago and as I am prime it went through with a next day service. When I got my parcel the next day it had a sticker on it saying EMR 4, when out of curiosity I asked the guy delivering what it mean he said that it was an emergency parcel and that it had been through 4 couriers. But yeah I agree they would need to tighten up on items such as knives and not make people up .

Exactly it’s either one or another now. It’s either amazing I’ve ordered stuff at just before midnight to arrive at 7am and others it says they’re 5 stops away check the map and they’re no longer near by and a message pops up it’ll take a bit longer to deliver, or it just doesn’t show up. I am puzzled I understand they probably save a lot, maybe. Considering the amount of stabbings this year and how shops are still being caught selling them without checking id it’s baffling. I know it probably won’t prevent someone using them but it’s that extra step.
they only need to check the id if you dont look old enough, same with alcohol its usually marked on the packet as well. The drivers are on such a tight schedule so they do sign as they walk off which agree they shouldnt be doing.
eslick13/09/2019 10:23

they only need to check the id if you dont look old enough, same with …they only need to check the id if you dont look old enough, same with alcohol its usually marked on the packet as well. The drivers are on such a tight schedule so they do sign as they walk off which agree they shouldnt be doing.

But that's not true (unless they look like a 60-year-old) the email clearly states an adult over 18 with valid must accept it. Even going as far as to say

If your order is being delivered to a commercial address or residential apartment block, the receptionist, concierge or mailroom attendant receiving your parcel will need to provide a valid ID, showing they are aged 18 or over. If they can’t, the parcel will be returned to Amazon for re-delivery the following day.
DanSpaghetti13/09/2019 10:34

But that's not true (unless they look like a 60-year-old) the email …But that's not true (unless they look like a 60-year-old) the email clearly states an adult over 18 with valid must accept it. Even going as far as to say If your order is being delivered to a commercial address or residential apartment block, the receptionist, concierge or mailroom attendant receiving your parcel will need to provide a valid ID, showing they are aged 18 or over. If they can’t, the parcel will be returned to Amazon for re-delivery the following day.

yeah but the parcel company probably has its own policies, its over 18 on them and alcohol and not every company will ask, just like not every shop will ask either. Bought lots of whiskey from Amazon in the past and had the same email but never been asked for id even if its marked on the package.
Donkii13/09/2019 10:08

From my understanding Amazon now use what I can only describe as a "free …From my understanding Amazon now use what I can only describe as a "free lance" courier for their Prime or next day service, basically anyone who has free time and a car. I also understand they what these guys get paid depends on how quickly they get their deliveries done. I ordered a Amazon Show 5 at about 4pm a few weeks ago and as I am prime it went through with a next day service. When I got my parcel the next day it had a sticker on it saying EMR 4, when out of curiosity I asked the guy delivering what it mean he said that it was an emergency parcel and that it had been through 4 couriers. But yeah I agree they would need to tighten up on items such as knives and not make people up .

You get a set amount which you agree at the start for a set number of hours. Minimum is £13 an hour + vat if applicable. This can rise to £21 an hour if you take a "block" at short notice. You get paid for the block at the agreed price wheteheryou take the whole block or do it in half the time. Before a age verified delivery you have to agree to put in all the details of id including name and birthday. If you dont you can be sacked, simple as that
bigst21/09/2019 19:05

You get a set amount which you agree at the start for a set number of …You get a set amount which you agree at the start for a set number of hours. Minimum is £13 an hour + vat if applicable. This can rise to £21 an hour if you take a "block" at short notice. You get paid for the block at the agreed price wheteheryou take the whole block or do it in half the time. Before a age verified delivery you have to agree to put in all the details of id including name and birthday. If you dont you can be sacked, simple as that

Do you do it
Edited by: "Donkii" 21st Sep
Did the driver hand the package to someone who is/looks like a minor? If not I can't see what the problem is.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants