Expired

What's wrong with liking your own comments?

Found 21st Jul
I've been asking myself this question. What really is wrong with liking your own comments.

It shows you support your own views, it shows you have confidence in them and shows you're strong as a human being while being pessimistic. You see the good in your opinion and want to share it with others by raising awareness to your opinions.

So what's wrong with it? Why is it looked down upon? Shouldn't we be supporting this as the hottest community on the internet? Who's interested in starting a petition, or a gofundme?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
because it is like patting yourself on your head and telling yourself you have done a good job - something you should know without needing to reassure yourself.
sAmeri2 m ago

It's not reassuring, you're showing the world you support your own view …It's not reassuring, you're showing the world you support your own view which shows confidence, something everyone should have.

you have done that by posting - by liking your own comment it goes further towards self worship
It's a bit like pretending people agree with you, no wait it's exactly like that
Why on earth would you like your own comments? I would assume you agree with your own opinion so why would you need to like it? To me it would indicate the opposite of what you say ; that you aren't strong enough or confident enough in your own opinion to let it stand alone for independent scrutiny.
22 Comments
I don't support my own views or opinions most of the time. That's why I don't do it. Basically disliking my own comments
because it is like patting yourself on your head and telling yourself you have done a good job - something you should know without needing to reassure yourself.
Bertz9921st Jul

because it is like patting yourself on your head and telling yourself you …because it is like patting yourself on your head and telling yourself you have done a good job - something you should know without needing to reassure yourself.

It's not reassuring, you're showing the world you support your own view which shows confidence, something everyone should have.
sAmeri2 m ago

It's not reassuring, you're showing the world you support your own view …It's not reassuring, you're showing the world you support your own view which shows confidence, something everyone should have.

you have done that by posting - by liking your own comment it goes further towards self worship
Bertz9921st Jul

you have done that by posting - by liking your own comment it goes further …you have done that by posting - by liking your own comment it goes further towards self worship

Self worship? How does showing confidence link with self worship?
sAmeri3 m ago

Self worship? How does showing confidence link with self worship?

You asked a question - I have given you my viewpoint - you don't have to agree with it.
When I see people like their own comments it makes me think they are precisely not self confident to need to do so - it is a superfluous action.
Edited by: "Bertz99" 21st Jul
Bertz9921st Jul

You asked a question - I have given you my viewpoint - you don't have to …You asked a question - I have given you my viewpoint - you don't have to agree with it.When I see people like their own comments it makes me think they are precisely not self confident to need to do so - it is a superfluous action.

I respect your opinion. I've liked my own comments because I feel it makes the world a better place.

/thread
It's a bit like pretending people agree with you, no wait it's exactly like that
sAmeri7 m ago

I respect your opinion. I've liked my own comments because I feel it makes …I respect your opinion. I've liked my own comments because I feel it makes the world a better place./thread

Not sure you could say it will make the world a better place but If it makes you happy fella go ahead it isn't going to hurt anyone

You will be sniggered at though from time to time as it is not decorum and is taken as I first stated.
Why on earth would you like your own comments? I would assume you agree with your own opinion so why would you need to like it? To me it would indicate the opposite of what you say ; that you aren't strong enough or confident enough in your own opinion to let it stand alone for independent scrutiny.
Vanity
It is strange that we are able to like our own comments isn't it
You know that image of the lion licking its own testicles? Yeah.
sAmeri5 h, 30 m ago

What nonsense. Obviously, everyone supports their own point of view otherwise why bother writing it. It's just plain and simple arrogance or feeble insecurity imo.
Edited by: "chocci" 22nd Jul
sAmeri5 h, 19 m ago

I respect your opinion. I've liked my own comments because I feel it makes …I respect your opinion. I've liked my own comments because I feel it makes the world a better place./thread

/thread = lost the argument and shows why you feel the need to like your own comments. Insecure much?
Edited by: "chocci" 22nd Jul
To me someone liking their own comments shows they aren't confident anyone else will agree with them, and that insecurity makes them do it.

Or i think they are sadly trying to raise their overall number of likes to get a shiny new badge that shows people like them.

Its a bit like that person who has to tell you they are funny, You know straight away they aren't .
It's sad, has nothing to do with showing the world you have confidence in your statement. It's self validation in the saddest regard, apart from sending yourself a card perhaps.
tinkerbellian51 m ago

To me someone liking their own comments shows they aren't confident anyone …To me someone liking their own comments shows they aren't confident anyone else will agree with them, and that insecurity makes them do it. Or i think they are sadly trying to raise their overall number of likes to get a shiny new badge that shows people like them.Its a bit like that person who has to tell you they are funny, You know straight away they aren't .

I wouldn't dream of liking my own comments unless by mistake. Then I would unlike them. It would be like voting for yourself in an election.
I mainly do it because people get salty about it. Highly amusing
benjammin31615 m ago

I mainly do it because people get salty about it. Highly amusing

I've liked your comment purely because you had the confidence to like it yourself!
Op with all due respect, you sound like the ones that like their own fb/twitter posts as well
sAmeri1 h, 25 m ago

I see the joke really flew over everyone's head. Lots of salty sweaty men …I see the joke really flew over everyone's head. Lots of salty sweaty men in this thread. How can any of you actually think I'm serious when I say liking a comment makes the world a better place? God give me hope.

Did you just assume everyone's gender in this thread

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants