Groups

What's wrong with my computer?

I usually put my computer on standby when I leave it for more than 30mins but the last couple of times when I resume it, something funny happens. All the USB powered devices don't get powered back on (including mouse/keyboard) and I end up having to do a hard reset....

Any idea what can be causing this?

5 Comments

Banned

i think you may need to update your bios....

It might be worth having a look at your bios settings and/or the power settings in the control panel to see if there is an option for usb device power on wake up... or something along those lines

Original Poster

I went on the dell website and found a bios update (dated from a while back but still an update for me!!) but since I installed it, my computer just got louder, ridiculously loud now (I think its the fan)

Banned

hey i have a similar problem

when i leave it on standby for too long, and i forget to switch off my speakers, every time i come out of standby a message pops up saying

audio jack has been unplugged.

even though it hasnt. a reset resolves this.

if ya keyboard is USB and mouse, then take em out before u put on standby and put em back in when its ou of standby, even though it says uSB functions have stopped it might work.

dunno what the prob is usually a chipset issue

Original Poster

kapows;5365700

if ya keyboard is USB and mouse, then take em out before u put on standby … if ya keyboard is USB and mouse, then take em out before u put on standby and put em back in when its ou of standby, even though it says uSB functions have stopped it might work.

lol that's a helluva lot of effort! mite as well turn it off each time!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction11
      2. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?1642
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764436
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846246

See more discussions