Whats wrong with my printer?

Hiya, I have a Epson stylus DX4400 printer, and have genuine ink which I have just put in, however whenever I print all I get is black and yellow, this is the second lot of cartridges I have brought, and have had the same problem every time with it.

I have done all head cleaning, nozzle checks and everything also its a new printer.
Any ideas on the problem?
xxxxxxx

18 Comments

As it's new then take it back.

Original Poster

Don't have the receipt...x

*katie*;4328242

Don't have the receipt...x

Where did you buy it from?

If you bought it on a debit/credit card then you can use the statement.

Original Poster

Paid in cash from Asda xx

*katie*;4328265

Paid in cash from Asda xx

Asda are realy good with returns and they will sort it for you!! You dont need reciept just tell them been less than a year!!

inkjet printers always do this in the end, the nozzles completely block up. i gave up with them and got a laser printer, if you cant take it back do a google for cleaning inkjet printers

agreed asda a great much better than tesco without receipt

Thought = have you removed the little plastic seal on the nozzle? I have forgotten to do this myself.

Original Poster

Lol removed the seal yes!!! Just going to have to try my best to get a refund!! Dont htink they sell them anymore though, as they were on offer! xxx

Predikuesi;4328322

Thought = have you removed the little plastic seal on the nozzle? I have … Thought = have you removed the little plastic seal on the nozzle? I have forgotten to do this myself.

or the sticker over the little vent hole on the top if not return it and get a canon, i gave up with epson years back

ding;4328379

or the sticker over the little vent hole on the top if not return it and … or the sticker over the little vent hole on the top if not return it and get a canon, i gave up with epson years back

I agree with Ding. Epson grrrrrr!

Original Poster

kaits;4328430

Aww great thank you, i will get a new printer....that isnt epson! xx

could it be a driver / software issue? try uninstalling the printer then installing it again, worth a try before you send it back

*katie*;4328440

Aww great thank you, i will get a new printer....that isnt epson! xx

cheep inks tho !!!

kaits;4328430

I like both Canon and Epson. The only real complaint I have with Epson is that the ink wont dry on any other brand of photo paper (in my experience anyhow).

not to sound patronising but have you made sure u bought a colour cartidge and not just a yellow cartridge? some printers use separate colour cartridges, usually yellow, red and blue!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764114
    2. WONGA REFUNDS DUE185923
    3. How dangerous is Donald trump?1747
    4. Any PS4 News Here29213609

See more discussions