Groups

What's wrong with some people in the ''security'' industry?

Banned
    They always seem to be doing bad things, especially in the season of “good will to all men”.

[img]tompride.files.wordpress.com/201…png?w=1200&h=[/img]

132 Comments

That is very sad, I guess the security guy probably didn't want to work boxing day so took it out on the poor homeless guy, well bad karma to the security guy, hope he doesn't find himself homeless one day!.
    Edited by: ".MUFC." 28th Dec 2016

Homeless but on Facebook?
    Priorities.....

Original Poster Banned

stuarthanley

Homeless but on Facebook? Priorities.....

I did think that, but there are many places you can connect to wifi and I wouldn't begrudge anyone their only kind of communication just because they are homeless.

Your obviously a better guy than him as youve not published his name.

Banned

Comes with words not publishable

Edited by: "YouDontWantToKnow" 28th Dec 2016

Original Poster Banned

gaz04

Your obviously a better guy than him as youve not published his name.

You're. You've.

He spells better than you at least! X)

A lot of companies seem to hire thugs for "protection", Debenhams should end this particular contract.

MrScotchBonnet

I did think that, but there are many places you can connect to wifi and I … I did think that, but there are many places you can connect to wifi and I wouldn't begrudge anyone their only kind of communication just because they are homeless.

I partly agree, but then he also has a dog? Oh and that is if he is telling the truth about the incident. I would expect there to be CCTV either way before i judged what happened.
    If this guy and many others are homeless,then how do they manage to look after a pet too?

regreid

I partly agree, but then he also has a dog? Oh and that is if he is … I partly agree, but then he also has a dog? Oh and that is if he is telling the truth about the incident. I would expect there to be CCTV either way before i judged what happened.If this guy and many others are homeless,then how do they manage to look after a pet too?

If I were homeless I think a dog is a good idea for extra protection (and company) or just being alerted to something when sleeping, didn't work in this case though!

He probably had that many "bottles" he didn't know if he was being flooded, or floating around on a Lilo in Benidorm. (_;)

Probably this incident can be taken further and reported to the police as assault You aren't allowed to deliberately soak people by driving fast through puddles. An online search came up with articles of people being found guilty of throwing water at others such as their neighbours. Also this time of year with low temps would cause more potential health issues. CCTV should show what happened.

I was once told that the government pays extra benefit for claimants with dogs and in turn (the dog) can help garner more money from kind hearted pet lovers for those on the streets begging. Please correct me if this is not the case.
    As for the incident in question. I would seek advice from various charitable homeless organisations on facebook.....you are wasted living rough as you write so eloquently.

This happened to me once when I refused to get up out of bed, it does work!!

airfix

This happened to me once when I refused to get up out of bed, it does … This happened to me once when I refused to get up out of bed, it does work!!

Ok Goldilocks.

splatsplatsplat

A lot of companies seem to hire thugs for "protection", Debenhams should … A lot of companies seem to hire thugs for "protection", Debenhams should end this particular contract.

How about we wait for proof before we pass judgement?

Just because people are homeless does not mean they've been homeless their whole life. Why would anyone make such an ignorant comment "homeless but on facebook" he could've had a home last week, a family, facebook, a car and a happy life. He could now be homeless and used the internet in a homeless shelter on his old facebook account. Think beyond what you see and you will see a much bigger picture.

jayonline85

Just because people are homeless does not mean they've been homeless … Just because people are homeless does not mean they've been homeless their whole life. Why would anyone make such an ignorant comment "homeless but on facebook" he could've had a home last week, a family, facebook, a car and a happy life. He could now be homeless and used the internet in a homeless shelter on his old facebook account. Think beyond what you see and you will see a much bigger picture.

So he may still be covered for flood damage?
    Every cloud & all that.

Original Poster Banned

OldEnglish

So he may still be covered for flood damage? Every cloud & all that.

http://i.imgur.com/Llbai0T.gif

jayonline85

Just because people are homeless does not mean they've been homeless … Just because people are homeless does not mean they've been homeless their whole life. Why would anyone make such an ignorant comment "homeless but on facebook" he could've had a home last week, a family, facebook, a car and a happy life. He could now be homeless and used the internet in a homeless shelter on his old facebook account. Think beyond what you see and you will see a much bigger picture.

If he was in a homeless shelter, why was he sleeping in front of Debenhams?

Think beyond what you read.

Happen to me once, woke up soaked apparently it was golden shower.

Nemo77t

Happen to me once, woke up soaked apparently it was golden shower.

How much did you pay her?

stuarthanley

If he was in a homeless shelter, why was he sleeping in front of … If he was in a homeless shelter, why was he sleeping in front of Debenhams? Think beyond what you read.

A shelter doesn't necessary mean you sleep there. Search Whitechapel homeless centre. The first port of call for homeless people that offers you a shower, clean clothes, food, a place to sit to stay out of the rain etc but not a bed. You can sit up all night in there but not sleep. I am a chauffeur and picked up one of the organisers who was talking to me about it and was telling me everything on how it's run as I was asking what they needed that I can donate. He told me you can also access the internet. That's why he could've been in homeless shelter and then at Debenhams because a shelter isn't always a place to sleep. You need to think a bit more before you write because you just got schooled again :P

jayonline85

Some people can moan about anything, even not being homeless the 'right' way.

Poor chap though if it's true. Facebook can be an invaluable tool for keeping people who have lost so much attached to their old life. Plus it can provide homing and work opportunities.

Always take these facebook posts with a grain of salt. . . .

teh arn

Always take these facebook posts with a grain of salt. . . .

No compo face though.

stuarthanley

Aren't you one of those users who said the same thing about Syrian refugees with iPhones?

stuarthanley

My library allows Facebook and has computers to use for free.

You can have a Facebook account and just log on using other peoples hardware.

Even if homeless a cheap smartphone is a good way to pursue jobs, keep in touch with authorities, family, support networks. WiFi is free and handsets are very cheap and potentially free from friends etc.

Not sure why you would jump to negative assumptions from the outset.

MrScotchBonnet

They perhaps wanted a complex job in feriority but were offered a basic one in security instead.

Original Poster Banned

fanpages

They perhaps wanted a complex job in feriority but were offered a basic … They perhaps wanted a complex job in feriority but were offered a basic one in security instead.

http://i.imgur.com/GO9qVkT.gif

MrScotchBonnet

fanpages

They perhaps wanted a complex job in feriority but were offered a basic … They perhaps wanted a complex job in feriority but were offered a basic one in security instead.

MrScotchBonnet

It's a slippery slope.

(Not to be confused with slippery soap, unless you take it like a man)

stuarthanley

Stuart, many churches only have elderly people attending and they are often unable to continue working with the homeless, but if people - even unbelievers - turned up offering to take their places in the night shelters, care vans etc it would be warmly welcomed.

You would learn so much more about homelessness, and would gain a well informed insight not available to persons never engaging in such work.

Hope you check it out, God bless.

marty-401

I was once told that the government pays extra benefit for claimants with … I was once told that the government pays extra benefit for claimants with dogs and in turn (the dog) can help garner more money from kind hearted pet lovers for those on the streets begging. Please correct me if this is not the case.As for the incident in question. I would seek advice from various charitable homeless organisations on facebook.....you are wasted living rough as you write so eloquently.

You were told wrong. There are no additional benefit payments for pet owners, homeless or otherwise. gov.uk/gov…pdf

What's being homeless, having a dog or a farcebook account got to do with it? At the end of the day just what exactly had he done to 'deserve' this treatment? Sleeping in the doorway? If Debenhams don't want that, there are other and better ways to prevent it.
    If he 'deserved' it because he is homeless, would that mean anyone that's not wouldn't get the same treatment?
    Debenhams should be ashamed of themselves, and the security thug should be sacked and charged by the police.
    Edited by: "SidSnot" 28th Dec 2016

security really is probably the lowest job out there , I should know I used to do it, office blocks stuff like that , I made it cushy to my advantage , anyone who does security retail etc really should work harder or use their head to improve on their rather lowly situation , if they dont then they deserve everything they get in life , as for the homeless man in this situation he should have reported this event to the police , im now self mployed making a very good chunk of money and ive had about 5 weeks off work watching the build up towards xmas, everyone shuffling around doing their shopping, dont forget folks that security is probably the easiest and worst jobs to do , even the DWP will fund the benefits claimants to get the SIA security badge

Mildlytight

[quote=marty-401] I was once told that the government pays extra benefit … [quote=marty-401] I was once told that the government pays extra benefit for claimants with dogs.

Only satan would speak such vile lies - beware of liers with hearts full of hatred lest you become like them.
    regreid

. . . but then he also has a dog?

The dog can often be a life-saver - something warm to cuddle up to during freezing winter nights.

Also, a guard.

Homeless people are often attacked whilst asleep, sometimes a vicious assault, sometimes stabbed, set on fire, murdered - it happens.

The homeless person will usually always feed the dog before themselves, sometimes it's the only companion they know that will stand by them to the death.
    It helps that dogs eat almost anything, even easily available food from buckets.

Look up homelessness in your area, pop in and speak with those involved with helping, they are a great source of accurate information.
    You'd be amazed at who's homeless, I've met doctors, businessmen etc; there are druggies and drunkards, but there's also over 100,000 small children out there, but nobody talks about them as much as they talk about the druggies and drunkards.

Pop in and talk with them, find out for yourself what's really going on rather than listening to peeps who've never been out there.
    God bless

dtovey89

Aren't you one of those users who said the same thing about Syrian … Aren't you one of those users who said the same thing about Syrian refugees with iPhones?

Yes. Got no home, got no country to live in but they have a charity paying for their Internet access on top of the range phones.

tryn2help

Stuart, many churches only have elderly people attending and they are … Stuart, many churches only have elderly people attending and they are often unable to continue working with the homeless, but if people - even unbelievers - turned up offering to take their places in the night shelters, care vans etc it would be warmly welcomed.You would learn so much more about homelessness, and would gain a well informed insight not available to persons never engaging in such work.Hope you check it out, God bless. <3

You lost me at churches.

stuarthanley

Yes. Got no home, got no country to live in but they have a charity … Yes. Got no home, got no country to live in but they have a charity paying for their Internet access on top of the range phones.

You keep your mobile phone in your pocket, right?
    If your house got bombed and you weren't in it your phone would still be in your pocket, right?
    If your country became a war zone wouldn't a mobile phone be crucial in keeping in contact with friends and family, right?

A homeless person may not be able to afford rent but could afford a cheap mobile?
    Just because your house is destroyed or you don't have a house it doesn't mean you are not allowed a phone.

If only you could wipe the xenophobia from your eyes...
    Edited by: "DT89" 28th Dec 2016

stuarthanley

You lost me at churches.

That's okay, how about Mosques? Synagogues, temples etc? Almost every religion is involved in helping homelessness.
    So too are secular organisations like Shelter, Homeless Link etc.

It doesn't have to be churches, Stuart, it's not about churches, religion or secularism - it's about homelessness - and your posts reveal a seriously misinformed opinion, thus I'd like to help you gain a far more accurate opinion which will be helpful to yourself and to society in general.

God bless

Edited by: "tryn2help" 28th Dec 2016

tryn2help

That's okay, how about Mosques? Synagogues, temples etc? Almost every … That's okay, how about Mosques? Synagogues, temples etc? Almost every religion is involved in helping homelessness.So too are secular organisations like Shelter, Homeless Link etc.It doesn't have to be churches, Stuart, it's not about churches, religion or secularism - it's about homelessness - and your posts reveal a seriously misinformed opinion, thus I'd like to help you gain a far more accurate opinion which will be helpful to yourself and to society in general.God bless <3

You lost me at religion. Not sure why you've brought religion into it. Is it some unwritten rule of misc that every thread has to devolve into gibberish about sky fairies
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. No claims discount proof - Help needed22
      2. Best tablet for 100-150? Quid22
      3. SCS add ons... are they worth it??59
      4. Feels weird!22

See more discussions