Groups

Whats Wrong with this SQL Statement...

Im getting an error

statement below.

8 Comments

Original Poster

This is the statement

MyStringBuilder.Append("SELECT tblHRData.EmployeeID AS ID, … MyStringBuilder.Append("SELECT tblHRData.EmployeeID AS ID, tblHRData.Title, tblHRData.Fname AS Firstname, ") MyStringBuilder.Append("tblHRData.Lname AS Surname, tblJobTitle.JobTitle") MyStringBuilder.Append("FROM (tblHRData INNER JOIN tblJobTitle ON tblHRData.JobID = tblJobTitle.JobID)") MyStringBuilder.Append("ORDER BY tblHRData.Lname")

This is the error im getting

Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression … Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression 'tblJobTitle.JobTitleFROM (tblHRData INNER JOIN tblJobTitle ON tblHRData.JobID = tblJobTitle.JobID)ORDER BY tblHRData.Lname'.

Don't know mysql very well but if you are bulding it dyamically do you not require a space in between the column and the FROM ie.
    'tblJobTitle.JobTitle FROM not 'tblJobTitle.JobTitleFROM

Doubt it will work but maybe worth a go

Original Poster

thedish;4109814

Don't know mysql very well but if you are bulding it dyamically do you … Don't know mysql very well but if you are bulding it dyamically do you not require a space in between the column and the FROM ie. 'tblJobTitle.JobTitle FROM not 'tblJobTitle.JobTitleFROMDoubt it will work but maybe worth a go

hi thanks it worked. I have gave you rep points, Thank you Thedish.:thumbsup:

Original Poster

another one...

MyStringBuilder.Append("SELECT ArtistID, Artist, Category FROM … MyStringBuilder.Append("SELECT ArtistID, Artist, Category FROM tblArtists") MyStringBuilder.Append("ORDER BY ArtistID")

I got this error

Syntax error in FROM clause.

Again, put a space character at the end of the first string "SELECT ArtistID, Artist, Category FROM tblArtists " or at the beginning of the second " ORDER BY ArtistID".

BFN,

fp.

Original Poster

fanpages;4116217

Again, put a space character at the end of the first string "SELECT … Again, put a space character at the end of the first string "SELECT ArtistID, Artist, Category FROM tblArtists " or at the beginning of the second " ORDER BY ArtistID".BFN,fp.

I got it done in the end, I didn't need to use the append builder, but thanks for the help fanpages, Have repped you for effort and help.

black gerbil1;4116230

I got it done in the end, I didn't need to use the append builder, but … I got it done in the end, I didn't need to use the append builder, but thanks for the help fanpages, Have repped you for effort and help.

You're very welcome.

Happy coding...

BFN,

fp.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 10% Argos code with glitch22
      2. Safest type of external hard drive?33
      3. Jury service47
      4. Three connection56