What's your best excuse for not going somewhere

Found 1st Sep 2007
What little white lie have you used to get out of going somewhere, like work or a wedding, anywhere actually.

People can see thru me so I can't lie :giggle:
Community Updates
Misc
37 Comments
Lol Crazy ive made so many excuses not to go somewhere! Ive lost track! I wish i could just be honest and refuse the invitation but i dont like offending friends. Therefore i normally use the " i couldnt get a babysitter" excuse!
Yeah the babysitter one orks for me
Twice over infact cos I can use it for My mum as well :giggle:
HHEHEH jenny i used it recently only to be told " dont worry bring the kids"
Hmmm typical! lol so looks like i AM going AND taking the kids! LOL
Original Poster
I said once that one of the kids was sick and then next thing my daughter says in a loud voice, I'm better now :w00t:

[SIZE=2]Cover blown, bloody children, they know too much :giggle: :giggle: [/SIZE]
pcnutta

HHEHEH jenny i used it recently only to be told " dont worry bring the … HHEHEH jenny i used it recently only to be told " dont worry bring the kids"Hmmm typical! lol so looks like i AM going AND taking the kids! LOL

I get out of it cos people who are happy to have the kids along generally don't want another adult and vice versa so pretty much a cast iron excuse for me :-D
Babysitter excuse is all well and good, but now mine are 21 and 15 it really doesn't wash any longer!!!:giggle:
LOL suze!! My daughter is getting old enough to babysit and a few times people have said cant she babysit! so i say she gets nervous on her own! LOL
Wish i could just refuse invitations instead of making up an array of white lies! LOL
I said i was constipated and couldnt walk............... only to hot foot it over the road to a better BBQ!
Why i'm late for school: I missed the bus, then two busses came at once, and I got the second one.

Always got detention every time I used it:\, really not sure why.
I said I had already made plans and just went elsewhere anyway.......
Banned
I never get invited anywhere so no excuse needed :oops:
Banned
t0mm

Why i'm late for school: I missed the bus, then two busses came at once, … Why i'm late for school: I missed the bus, then two busses came at once, and I got the second one.Always got detention every time I used it:\, really not sure why.

yeah i always blamed public transport, i used to say the train was delayed, but my cover was blown when a person in my class who gets the same train wasnt late :-(
You really cant beat a good dose of diarrhea, works a treat everytime.
sassie

Same here, but didnt want to be the first to say it :P
Tell em you have an appointment elsewhere - normally works for me - and I'm not that great at fibbing. If they ask - tell em it's "personal" :giggle:
Being a migraine sufferer has only 1 advantage and about 10 billion down sides, the advantage being it's a ready made excuse for getting out of something lol
Starlet

Being a migraine sufferer has only 1 advantage and about 10 billion down … Being a migraine sufferer has only 1 advantage and about 10 billion down sides, the advantage being it's a ready made excuse for getting out of something lol

Yup :thumbsup: But do you find that only people who suffer actually believe you? I know I do.
Becksdawe

Yup :thumbsup: But do you find that only people who suffer actually … Yup :thumbsup: But do you find that only people who suffer actually believe you? I know I do.

I think when you tell non sufferers, they imagine a really bad headache and go 'aww' - but don't really understand what an actual migraine is like.
sassie

Me too. :giggle:
i have no one to babysit my pc, it gets lonely without me
ok this is bad, but to get out of going to work and having to go into quit i phoned them up and told them i had fallen down the stairs and broken my pelvis.. hmmm
duckmagicuk2

Me too. :giggle:

and me.:w00t:
tell em it's competition day on HUKD and you can't possible leave your computer :thumbsup:
best excuse my pet goldfish died, i went out last night and am still hungover, i dont like ur girlfriend/boyfriend, i have work, i cant leave my dog at home alone, im on a promise.
apduk

You really cant beat a good dose of diarrhea, works a treat everytime.

And what exactally is a "good" dose of diarrhea??!! :giggle:
Starlet

I think when you tell non sufferers, they imagine a really bad headache … I think when you tell non sufferers, they imagine a really bad headache and go 'aww' - but don't really understand what an actual migraine is like.

I reckon thats exactly it they expect you to be able to take a couple of paracetamol and for it to go away :roll:
Banned
jennybubbles

I reckon thats exactly it they expect you to be able to take a couple of … I reckon thats exactly it they expect you to be able to take a couple of paracetamol and for it to go away :roll:

Spot on!
My friends know when I'm lying, so its usually cba. Though with gf its usually ill family. Not like I ever say that
Banned
How about....
I've just had my bank account/ebay hacked and really need to sort it!
Say you ran out of sturff and gotta go to the doctor
fingcomputer01 - May 09, 2012 21:24

Say you ran out of sturff and gotta go to the doctor

The 'bump' is strong with this one.
I'm terribly sorry but I can't leave my cat for more than a couple of hours.

No one will ask me to bring the cat and who the hello wants the mad cat lady at their do, anyway?

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x24/choccywoccy/IMAG0216-1.jpg
Ive swallowed too much sperm, too much fast
Funny Onion, ginger is adorable
I wish I had a ginger pussy.
Epic bumpage (_;)
aunty jane

Epic bumpage (_;)

Bragging again?

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions