responsibily?

Please read OP again?:thumbsup:

frollickingfrill;3472434

Please read OP again?:thumbsup:

he/she is laughing at your spelling

Original Poster

skusey;3472431

no, i would call it a demotion if you have less responsibility

UUMM thata what I thought even though it will be 2 K more in salary... Now can you see why am confused??

Original Poster

skusey;3472447

Thanks Skusey... trying to make Shepherds Pie at the same time:oops:

It's a demotion with a nice sweetner. Many people would jump at it - but if you're left with a boring job day in day out then £2K might not seem like such a great deal.

frollickingfrill;3472449

UUMM thata what I thought even though it will be 2 K more in salary... … UUMM thata what I thought even though it will be 2 K more in salary... Now can you see why am confused??

yes but 2k and an easier job sounds good to me, depends if you still feel valued-if you have less responsibility, are you still needed as much as someone with more?
    can you talk it through with your boss

Yes, our control do less (strenuous) work than the engineers outside but get paid more and are a higher grade

Original Poster

Maybe I have just been I have been working at my current position with to much responsibility and not enough wonger

Money has got nothing to do with a promotion.

That's like saying an annual pay rise is akin to being promoted.

Less responsibility = Demotion.

skusey;3472447

she?? :w00t: wouldnt that be mummycool then???

Original Poster

bluedave;3472472

It's a demotion with a nice sweetner. Many people would jump at it - but … It's a demotion with a nice sweetner. Many people would jump at it - but if you're left with a boring job day in day out then £2K might not seem like such a great deal.

skusey;3472475

yes but 2k and an easier job sounds good to me, depends if you still feel … yes but 2k and an easier job sounds good to me, depends if you still feel valued-if you have less responsibility, are you still needed as much as someone with more?can you talk it through with your boss

Both these posts are both sides of the coin:?

Original Poster

Basically the 2 Managers dont get on ans my current Manager is trying to tell me that I will be doing a boring role, however my potential Boss is saying that I will ave a more reponsible role ... Do you just think that current boss is just trying to keep me... I feel like a pawn in a game..... just for info.. potential boss approched me and offered me the position

Depends if you have a job or a career!
    If you have a job and get £2,000 extra that's great.
    However if you have a career and it will hold you back in your long term career not so good .
    So in a nutshell I'd say
    If it doesn't prevent you from getting promoted in the future enjoy it!

frollickingfrill;3472540

Basically the 2 Managers dont get on ans my current Manager is trying to … Basically the 2 Managers dont get on ans my current Manager is trying to tell me that I will be doing a boring role, however my potential Boss is saying that I will ave a more reponsible role ... Do you just think that current boss is just trying to keep me... I feel like a pawn in a game..... just for info.. potential boss approched me and offered me the position

[COLOR="Purple"]If it's more money in the same organisation, it's a promotion! Sounds like your current boss wants to keep you. Good luck!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:[/COLOR]

Frilly you need to look at your present job description and your new JD. Here it will list the qualities, experience and such like which are required to for fill the positions. Responsibility is not necessarily associated with promotion, expertise and experience can also warrant promotion.
    People here are referring to career development which while can be associated with promotion, in many cases is not always ... sometimes you do need to move sideways in order to progress. If the move will allow you to progress in a direction you feel would enhance your career then it will be promotion. If however you are only interested in monetary reward take the money and blow the responsibility angle.
    Good luck ..
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Jury service1823
      2. Iphone 7 - What Case?616
      3. cheapest way to Get from BRIDLINGTON TO ACCRINGTON ??44
      4. Large card print/poster..11

See more discussions