Groups

What's your favourite cheese?

Mine is Cashel Blue from Ireland or Appenzeller from Switzerland.

33 Comments

Smoked Bavarian. Mmmm.

Cornish cruncher with chilli from M & S or cheddar and walnut

Havarti, its a danish cheese but so hard to find in the uk, unless pre-packed in slices

I love a really nice Mature Cheddar but to say favourite... Mozzarella.

This is making me want a cheese board with crackers.. I love most cheeses!

Bigpoppaad;6855918

I love a really nice Mature Cheddar but to say favourite... … I love a really nice Mature Cheddar but to say favourite... Mozzarella.This is making me want a cheese board with crackers.. I love most cheeses!

Big contrast between mature cheddar and mozzarella :-D

I need cheese now lol...mmmmm Philadelphia on Tuc biscuits.

Original Poster

Bigpoppaad;6855918

I love a really nice Mature Cheddar but to say favourite... Mozzarella.

Try Snowdonia Black Bomber, then.

queenlush;6855946

Big contrast between mature cheddar and mozzarella :-D

I kno.... I do like cheese... Really nice Buffalo Mozzarella mau I add

Had some big ripped chunks in a tomato and basil soup not long ago.

Also really nice slices on a toasted baggette slice with roasted chilli and basil drizzled in olive oil, a nice snack

Easier to say what cheese I dont like as there are so many good ones
    In no particular order but depending on mood....
    Feta, Haloumi, Cheddar with chilli, Red Leicester, Camembert, Brie, Comte, Goats Cheese (cant think of specifics), Sheeps Cheese (Same), smoked cheese, Danish Blue etc. Lovely.

kingy58;6855983

Try Snowdonia Black Bomber, then.

Will do, will it be on the shelf or shall I go to the Cheeeeeeeeesee shop in town?

Plus I like a nice big chunk of smoked cheese on a big chrunchy roll with salad.....

i have been on the mexican for the past few weeks

Original Poster

Not sure where to get it retail. I know the manufacturers and get from them or from Makro. ]Snowdonia They do a nice garlic cheddar and a chilli one too.
    http://www.snowdoniacheese.co.uk/images/black-bomber.jpg
    http://www.snowdoniacheese.co.uk/media/14704/green-thunder.jpg
    http://www.snowdoniacheese.co.uk/media/14694/red-devil.jpg

scoff;6856038

i have been on the mexican for the past few weeks

Try the cornish cruncher with chilli from M& S it's absolutely 100 times better than mexican, the texture and kick from it is amazing.

kingy58;6856057

Not sure where to get it retail. I know the manufacturers and get from … Not sure where to get it retail. I know the manufacturers and get from them or from Makro. ]Snowdonia They do a nice garlic cheddar and a chilli one too.

looks like the little truckles you get in Asda.

Cambozola (Blue Brie) They use the same culture for Stilton and Gorganzola so the taste is similar but very creamy mmmmmm

BMR;6855910

Havarti, its a danish cheese but so hard to find in the uk, unless … Havarti, its a danish cheese but so hard to find in the uk, unless pre-packed in slices

IKEA :thumbsup:

Pecorino (Toscano not Romano or Sardo)

http://www.formaggiokitchen.com/shop/images/pecorino%20ginepro.jpg

or

Wife of Bath from the Bath Soft Cheese company in Kelston

http://www.cookipedia.co.uk/wiki/images/8/89/Wife_of_Bath_cheese.jpg

Monteray Jack... cant get enough of it. Best one is when its enfused with Chippotle.

Squelds;6856642

Monteray Jack... cant get enough of it. Best one is when its enfused with … Monteray Jack... cant get enough of it. Best one is when its enfused with Chippotle.

Chipotle makes me laugh....it reminds me of an episode of Southpark

Red leicester

Original Poster

I used to love Torte di Dolcellate made by Galbani, which was Dolcellate with layers of Marscapone in it. Lovely, but very hard to find nowadays probably because it was so bad!

Ohhhhh... a cheeeesy thread! :-D

My favourite, by far, is Wensleydale with Cranberries and smoked ham on a toasted Sunflower seed bread roll Delicious!

dairylea cheese slices:oops:

red leicester, double gloucester and cathedral city, definately not a fan of soft, smelly cheeses!

Collier's welsh cheddar

oooh , i love all cheese except blue.
    fave is camembert or brie.

melted

BradyBrade!;6857060

Red leicester

+1

Original Poster

SUMMONER;6858936

Ohhhhh... a cheeeesy thread! :-DMy favourite, by far, is Wensleydale with … Ohhhhh... a cheeeesy thread! :-DMy favourite, by far, is Wensleydale with Cranberries and smoked ham on a toasted Sunflower seed bread roll Delicious!

Lidl do a good one of these

Cheddar

Danish blue or blue Brie Mmm

Montgomery from Green Borough market

Edam - simples
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767204
      2. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers1013
      3. word association Game73844474
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553782

See more discussions