Groups

whats your favourite shampoo and conditioner?

personally ive been using herbal essences for years but fancy a change. thinking about trying lee stafford or toni and guy to see if its any better. whats your favourite? i have oily hair which needs to be washed everyday but also lacks volume. what do yous recommend?

86 Comments

Aussie shampoo followed by Aussie 3 minute miracle, but I have thick dry hair

I love using sunsilk

Bed head brunette Goddess for me... have really fine hair and loooove the tigi range, it's fab x

Original Poster

sadiebabes;5231512

Bed head brunette Goddess for me... have really fine hair and loooove the … Bed head brunette Goddess for me... have really fine hair and loooove the tigi range, it's fab x

might look at that one! thanks sb

does it smell nice?

If you oily hair like me you shouldnt wash it everyday as it over stimulates the scalp to produce more oil. Try the Redken shampoo range found it most hairdressers. It can be pricey however you need much less, and a good shampoo will balance out your hair. :thumbsup:

I use the matrix range...its what my hairdressers use and works out about the same price if not cheaper than normal ones when bought in bulk think its an american brand but I love it and think my hair feels funny whenever i use anything else theres a volumising range they do, think its the blue bottles, i use smooth and sleek, the orange ones

ahh its called amplify
    matrixhaircare.co.uk/_en…spx?catcode=AXE_HAIR^F1_Haircare_Styling^F2_Amplify&TopCat=F2_Amplify&ParCat=F1_Haircare_Styling this is the link to the website but you can get bottles cheaper on ebay if your interested:)

donnaraine;5231524

might look at that one! thanks sbdoes it smell nice?

Ohhh god, it smells sooooo good! lol

Original Poster

Miss Money Penny;5231526

If you oily hair like me you shouldnt wash it everyday as it over … If you oily hair like me you shouldnt wash it everyday as it over stimulates the scalp to produce more oil. Try the Redken shampoo range found it most hairdressers. It can be pricey however you need much less, and a good shampoo will balance out your hair. :thumbsup:

i know i shouldnt but i really cant leave it as im normally doing something most days and being round people

donnaraine;5231540

i know i shouldnt but i really cant leave it as im normally doing … i know i shouldnt but i really cant leave it as im normally doing something most days and being round people

If you invested in a good shampoo over time it would balance your hair therefore you wouldnt need to wash it every day. In the long run it will work out alot cheaper for you too!

sadiebabes;5231539

Ohhh god, it smells sooooo good! lol

the aussie range smells like bubblegum.......lovely

Tigi bedhead dumb blonde and brunette goddess...I wash my hair once if not twice a day...its great

gemmyw;5231595

Tigi bedhead dumb blonde and brunette goddess...I wash my hair once if … Tigi bedhead dumb blonde and brunette goddess...I wash my hair once if not twice a day...its great

Really??? :w00t:

my friend uses 'fat hair' shampoo and i hate the smell of it...makes me feel sick when shes washed hers, or when she is drying it lol, but she likes it, so other peoples opinions on the smell might not be all that important

Original Poster

Miss Money Penny;5231558

If you invested in a good shampoo over time it would balance your hair … If you invested in a good shampoo over time it would balance your hair therefore you wouldnt need to wash it every day. In the long run it will work out alot cheaper for you too!

ive used kerastase before but still had to wash it everyday, it sucks (my hair, not the shampoo lol)

You will laugh your socks off at me, but having tried everything going, I like Head & Shoulders Sleek & Silky lol! If you've never tried H&S, I recommend you do. I have long, thick hair which needs to be washed everyday and I really can't fault it, it feels really good!

donnaraine;5231642

ive used kerastase before but still had to wash it everyday, it sucks (my … ive used kerastase before but still had to wash it everyday, it sucks (my hair, not the shampoo lol)

LOL.. I know how you feel, but you will through trial and error find a shampoo that works for you.

Any hairdressers out there can vouch for me on this???? Pls dont wash your hair everyday... your striping it of its natural oils which in turn can promote your hair to go grey sooner.

leopardspots;5231649

You will laugh your socks off at me, but having tried everything going, I … You will laugh your socks off at me, but having tried everything going, I like Head & Shoulders Sleek & Silky lol! If you've never tried H&S, I recommend you do. I have long, thick hair which needs to be washed everyday and I really can't fault it, it feels really good!

H&S is actually very good shampoo. It's got alot better over the years. Less stigma behind the brand now

Banned

whatevers on offer

Miss Money Penny;5231601

Really??? :w00t:

Yup 2 showers a day....while were are on topic I am selling some hair stuff : hotukdeals.com/ite…ce/

I really could not be arrassed to wash my hair every day! That would drive me mad! I do mine twice a week as recommended by my hairdresser

I use John Freida Brilliant Brunette. I think that's what it is.

sassie;5231714

whatevers on offer

Where talking about Shampoo Sassie.... Honestly!! :roll: :lol:

Original Poster

sassie;5231714

whatevers on offer

i think lee staffords on offer at boots 3for2 if im right

I have to use ketaconazole shampoo which smells disgusting but use herbal essences conditioner

gemmyw;5231718

Yup 2 showers a day....while were are on topic I am selling some hair … Yup 2 showers a day....while were are on topic I am selling some hair stuff : http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/399363/professional-hair-care-stuff-reduce/

2 showers fine... 2 hair washes?? Mission!!!

bitseylango;5231720

I really could not be arrassed to wash my hair every day! That would … I really could not be arrassed to wash my hair every day! That would drive me mad! I do mine twice a week as recommended by my hairdresser

I would look like I had dunked my head in a vat of oil if I did that!

gemmyw;5231595

Tigi bedhead dumb blonde and brunette goddess...I wash my hair once if … Tigi bedhead dumb blonde and brunette goddess...I wash my hair once if not twice a day...its great

Is your hair half blonde, half brown? :lol:

Banned

moob;5231741

im glad someone asked, i was dying to but seem to get into a lot of trouble when i ask things like that

Original Poster

bitseylango;5231720

I really could not be arrassed to wash my hair every day! That would … I really could not be arrassed to wash my hair every day! That would drive me mad! I do mine twice a week as recommended by my hairdresser

it does drive me mad! sometimes i even have to structure my day round baths and showers lol. its either that or go out looking like ive stuck my head in a chip pan

gemmyw;5231739

But I thought that look was fashionable right? LOL :w00t::p

Miss Money Penny;5231693

LOL.. I know how you feel, but you will through trial and error find a … LOL.. I know how you feel, but you will through trial and error find a shampoo that works for you.Any hairdressers out there can vouch for me on this???? Pls dont wash your hair everyday... your striping it of its natural oils which in turn can promote your hair to go grey sooner.

Please tell me that is not true

moob;5231741

Now that is quite fashionable you know. Don't tell me you aint seen people with two colour hair? ;-)

moob;5231741

No I like the dumb blonde conditioner its brilliant.....your on my ignore list for some reason I cant think why

gemmyw;5231739

donnaraine;5231752

it does drive me mad! sometimes i even have to structure my day round … it does drive me mad! sometimes i even have to structure my day round baths and showers lol. its either that or go out looking like ive stuck my head in a chip pan

I will never moan about having dry hair again! xx

Banned

gemmyw;5231763

if your using a decnt shampoo then no it isnt stripping your hair of anything, not dso good shampoo not good

cruella de vill?LOL

bitseylango;5231779

The rest of my hair is dry...naughty girl using my ghds.My hair is almost to my bum but I its starting to look a bit hair extension like.....think I will have to get a good few inches cut off

Original Poster

bitseylango;5231779

lol. i think it would be easier to add moisture to dry hair than take away moisture from oily hair? just a thought. but yeah i think id rather have dry hair than my oily hair

gemmyw;5231763

Its true hun... your skin & hair require moisture. If you dont replace the natural mositure lost when you shower then you remove the bodies natural barrier leaving it more prone to the elements.

Trust me Im a qualified Beauty Therapist & Hair Stylist ( Not hairdresser) lol :thumbsup:

gemmyw;5231777

No I like the dumb blonde conditioner its brilliant.....your on my ignore … No I like the dumb blonde conditioner its brilliant.....your on my ignore list for some reason I cant think why

Oh my, you are rather touchy. I was only having a joke with you. Sheesh!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764289
      2. ReCore: Definitive Edition releasing August 29th (probably)68
      3. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917263
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846195

See more discussions