Groups

what's your local newspaper for events?

I've got some gigs to advertise for places i've never been to and I was wondering if people from the following areas could tell me the best local newspapers for advertising events. I've googled but I just want to make sure I picked the right ones, the areas are:
    Cambridge
    St Neots
    Newport (Wales)
    Bolton
    Nottingham
    Northampton
    Thanks

10 Comments

Newport (Wales) Probably would be the South Wales Argus.... southwalesargus.co.uk/

Original Poster

meandog101

Newport (Wales) Probably would be the South Wales Argus.... … Newport (Wales) Probably would be the South Wales Argus.... http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/

excellent thankyou

Maybe try and advertise in The Fly magazine, as it's national, they have gig listings in the back and distribute to venues and shops so get quite alot of readers.
    The Skinny is good too, but I think that only covers Scotland just now.

Original Poster

MunkiMadz

Maybe try and advertise in The Fly magazine, as it's national, they have … Maybe try and advertise in The Fly magazine, as it's national, they have gig listings in the back and distribute to venues and shops so get quite alot of readers.The Skinny is good too, but I think that only covers Scotland just now.

Oh right cool thanks, I've not heard of that one. I'll look into it.

Bolton - Bolton Evening News

Nottingham Post. You might want to put something in the Derby Telegraph too.

mrgig.com/

Not a newspaper but you could put on here.

Original Poster

Excellent thanks everyone

Maybe Derbyshire Times for Nottingham too as I know a fair number of Notts newsagents stock it and people from round here quite happily travel to Notts for gigs.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game74044554
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767402
      3. Underrated/unappreciated movies.2840
      4. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would28109

See more discussions