Groups

Whats your own personal - Food Heaven & Food Hell . . . . .

Ripped directly from Saturday Kitchen with the mumbling, stuttering "presenter"

Whats your idea of Food Heaven and Food Hell . . . .

33 Comments

Original Poster

Heaven - Scallops (or really good fillet steak)

Hell - Sprouts (or cucumber both evil)

Rhubarb crumble- heaven
    Meringe- hell

heaven - fillet steak, medium rare
    hell - sprouts (food of the devil)

Heaven - Som Tam (Spicy Thai Papaya Salad)

Hell - Marmite

PS: Quite like sprouts!

heaven - sweet and sour chicken
    hell - fish

Heaven - Anything edible

Hell - Finding out someone spat in it. :cry:

Heaven - M&S choc cheesecake
    Hell- A dodgy indian!

Original Poster

bitseylango;4934539

heaven - fillet steak, medium rarehell - sprouts (food of the devil)

Sorry have to take time out to . . . .

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/550313/2/istockphoto_550313_high_five.jpg

High Five Bitsey :-D

Trickyjabs;4934548

Heaven - Som Tam (Spicy Thai Papaya Salad)Hell - MarmitePS: Quite like … Heaven - Som Tam (Spicy Thai Papaya Salad)Hell - MarmitePS: Quite like sprouts!

wwhere can u get som tam?

mbgringo;4934571

Sorry have to take time out to . . . .High Five Bitsey :-D

http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/midi/froehlich/a023.gif

Heaven - Ackee & Saltfish with fried dumplings :-D

Hell - any offal........that is just sick :x

ps I love sprouts and marmite

Heaven- asparagus!

hell- offal.

choc1969;4934602

Heaven - Ackee & Saltfish with fried dumplings :-DHell - any … Heaven - Ackee & Saltfish with fried dumplings :-DHell - any offal........that is just sick :x

ClarityofMind;4934603

Heaven- asparagus!hell- offal.

hey! snap on hell lol

heaven - mash tattie with lurpack butter n salt yum
    hell- radish or ruhbarb vile

i love lemon cheesecake
    hate choc cheese cake yuk

Offal = Awful lol

Sprouts seems to be one of those things you either love or hate.

I love em

Heaven is anything chocolate! i MUST have it daily.

Original Poster

choc1969;4934602

Heaven - Ackee & Saltfish with fried dumplings :-DHell - any … Heaven - Ackee & Saltfish with fried dumplings :-DHell - any offal........that is just sick :xps I love sprouts and marmite

ClarityofMind;4934603

Heaven- asparagus!hell- offal.

I'll take back the haggis I got you both then . . . .

sharonwai;4934575

wwhere can u get som tam?

Any Thai Restaurant otherwise, it's quite easy to make, although you'd probably need to go to an Asian supermarket to get the ingredients:

thai-info.net/tha…htm

Heaven = depends on the mood but Sunday Roast/Most Italian Pasta (Comfort Food) :-D.
    Hell = agree with choc - Offal - eeeeww...

mbgringo;4934660

I'll take back the haggis I got you both then . . . .

OMG Haggis is rank.....my mum loves all kinds of carp, including Haggis, offal, tripe and black pudding........my childhood was very unpleasant on those occasions when she tried to force us to eat the stuff :x

Original Poster

choc1969;4934717

OMG Haggis is rank.....my mum loves all kinds of carp, including Haggis, … OMG Haggis is rank.....my mum loves all kinds of carp, including Haggis, offal, tripe and black pudding........my childhood was very unpleasant on those occasions when she tried to force us to eat the stuff :x

Whats your view on liver? Do you class that as offal?

Don't mind black pudding in moderation, goes great with scallops and mackrel etc.

mbgringo;4934754

Whats your view on liver? Do you class that as offal? Don't mind black … Whats your view on liver? Do you class that as offal? Don't mind black pudding in moderation, goes great with scallops and mackrel etc.

Liver is offal......so awful, I'd up chuck if forced to eat it

Scallops are heaven too on a plate....try with roasted beetroot.......lush

choc1969;4934717

OMG Haggis is rank.....my mum loves all kinds of carp, including Haggis, … OMG Haggis is rank.....my mum loves all kinds of carp, including Haggis, offal, tripe and black pudding........my childhood was very unpleasant on those occasions when she tried to force us to eat the stuff :x

OMG - so true! My OH (hails from Scotland) lurves his haggis, with chips and gravy - I really can't even stomach the smell of it in the house when he cooks it - rank :w00t:.

I've never tried Haggis,don't think i want to either !

I like black pudding mmmmm from Bury Market..lol

Original Poster

WonderWoman;4934776

OMG - so true! My OH (hails from Scotland) lurves his haggis, with chips … OMG - so true! My OH (hails from Scotland) lurves his haggis, with chips and gravy - I really can't even stomach the smell of it in the house when he cooks it - rank :w00t:.

Had i a few new years back at a Scottish Castle for the festivities - had it with neeps and tatties and a bloomin strong dram of whiskey! I wasn't that bad, even my very, very fussy OH said it "wasn't bad" (high praise indeed!)

Original Poster

choc1969;4934774

Liver is offal......so awful, I'd up chuck if forced to eat itNot a fan … Liver is offal......so awful, I'd up chuck if forced to eat itNot a fan of pate then I take it :lol:Scallops are heaven too on a plate....try with roasted beetroot.......lushOoh, that does sound good still cpoying the tv chef's and just about perfected the "scallops with black pudding, crispy bacon and minted pea puree" mmmmmmm :-D

Original Poster

deb8z;4934798

I've never tried Haggis,don't think i want to either !I like black … I've never tried Haggis,don't think i want to either !I like black pudding mmmmm from Bury Market..lol

Ha, I go there at xmas . . . its a ritual . . . .

mbgringo;4934808

Had i a few new years back at a Scottish Castle for the festivities - had … Had i a few new years back at a Scottish Castle for the festivities - had it with neeps and tatties and a bloomin strong dram of whiskey! I wasn't that bad, even my very, very fussy OH said it "wasn't bad" (high praise indeed!)

You're far more brave than I then :-D. We went to a family wedding in Edinburgh a year ago and it was served as a side in a 'cheesecake style'. The haggis being the base, with mashed potato on top as the 'cheese' layer and then sweet potato with carrot as the 'fruit' layer. Tbh, it looked stunning but even with the pressure of everyone of my OH's (all Scottish) family sat around the table trying to get me to eat it (he told them that I couldn't even stand the smell) I still couldn't manage it - it's just the thought of what's in it :w00t:.

Heaven - A Big Sunday Roast
    Hell - Fishy things - especilly Oysters or Caviar !!! YYuuukkk !

carol123;4935200

Heaven - A Big Sunday Roast Hell - Fishy things - especilly Oysters or … Heaven - A Big Sunday Roast Hell - Fishy things - especilly Oysters or Caviar !!! YYuuukkk !

Experiment in college go wrong :whistling:

Hell: Celery.
    Heaven: Roast with Yorkshire puddings.

salad - heaven
    tomato ketchup - hell

Tarte aux fruits - heaven

Snails, Octopus - hell
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?712
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424014478
      3. Virgin Media Price Hike retention Deals1319
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047086

See more discussions