WhatsApp scam.

Found 11th Feb
I have just received a message via WhatsApp claiming that my subscription had "expired" & asked for 99p to be be paid via the link.(I paid of course).
Please advise all your friends.
Community Updates
Misc
10 Comments
cheers for the headsup
Have you never received the free Adidas, Sainsbury, asda or Next giveaways?
Its a old scam
When your time expires with WhatsApp it usually gives you a pop-up and stops you from using the app.. well, it was when I did it a couple years back.

Unlucky I guess, I'd want to know who it was and how they got my number though
landros1 Did you put your credit card details in to pay the 99p? If you did they now have your bank details. It's on the link Predikuesi put on.
Scams everywhere these days. Sure I'll fall for one day but that one won't get me.. Keep your guard up
Edited by: "wayners" 11th Feb
My father (who is not that good with technology) got this text. It was a scam and he ended up getting £2,500 cleaned out of his account. Fortunately the bank were really good and refunded him the money. If you have clicked on the link for this and given your card details, I would strongly suggest checking your balance and cancelling your card.
Tell everyone they must use “Common sense”
patti5 h, 19 m ago

landros1 Did you put your credit card details in to pay the 99p? If you …landros1 Did you put your credit card details in to pay the 99p? If you did they now have your bank details. It's on the link Predikuesi put on.

I was only joking abot paying.
Edited by: "landros1" 11th Feb
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants