Whats's cheaper : Buying the iPhone in airport Dixons or in the States?

Found 2nd May 2015
As in the title, iPhone 6 or 5 for comparison - airport dixons is tax free(?) but apple prices are cheaper in the states. Dixon don't seem to list their prices online though so i'm unable to check...unless someone is knowledgable enough to help me out
Community Updates
AskiPhone
6 Comments
for most things I find the airport over priced. but I've never got any electrical products. I'd risk it and buy it outside the airport.
I am sure whatever you will pay it will be too much for a product assembled in China for peanuts by workers on slave wages.. I am though not sure about it being tax free if it is brought back into the UK though and you might have to consider that
USA, airport is not any cheaper. ditch the box say it's a UK phone. no taxes then if stopped
Don't buy an iPhone 5 or 6 from North America if you want to use 4G over here on it. They use a different frequency to us, I think some networks work but not all.
Also all US prices are ex local sales tax. This can be up to 8%-15% on top of the price shown. In NYC for example, it's just under 9%...
steve1221

Also all US prices are ex local sales tax. This can be up to 8%-15% on … Also all US prices are ex local sales tax. This can be up to 8%-15% on top of the price shown. In NYC for example, it's just under 9%...

Not all states. Oregon and Montana do not have a local sales tax and Alaska is 1.69%. The highest is Tennessee with just over 9%.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants