Groups

Whatt Ipod do I want??

Hi peeps, just been thinking about getting my hubby an ipod as he mentioned the other day that the one we got won't hold many more songs. We not meant to be buying christmas presies for each other, well socks and the odd CD from the kids etc but nothing big. There are so many different types I'm confussed lol
    I only need it to play songs (no video's or anything) but would like it to be able to hold a fair few thousand but need it to be as cheap as poss. don't mind if it's used.
    Can someone please tell me what the one I want is called??

29 Comments

iPod Nano, 16GB holds around 4,000 songs?

Nokia 5800 Best I Pod Out

raptorcigs;7022957

Nokia 5800 Best I Pod Out

Did you get one from that deal too Rappy? lol

I love mine

basically when you're looking to buy an Ipod there's 3 to choose from.

Ipod Small talk which is really basic (not in the sale) Cheapest

Ipod nano 5th. Which now has a camera, Fm tune and video 8gb or 16gb

Ipod Touch which is the high range which has touch screen apps etc.

i would say you should get the Ipod Nano 8GB which will hold about 2000 songs

Even with the apple sale its still £108 but with option to engrave or theres amazon which is about £105

good luck

Original Poster

Thank u, thank u ....... It needs to be an ipod tho as I have the speaker/docking station thingy:thumbsup:

You want the highest GB Ipod Touch Obiously - Nano's are good, Classic is good (but huge)

Touch is just super sexy. Like me.

Original Poster

noodles1631;7022975

basically when you're looking to buy an Ipod there's 3 to choose … basically when you're looking to buy an Ipod there's 3 to choose from.Ipod Small talk which is really basic (not in the sale) CheapestIpod nano 5th. Which now has a camera, Fm tune and video 8gb or 16gbIpod Touch which is the high range which has touch screen apps etc. i would say you should get the Ipod Nano 8GB which will hold about 2000 songsEven with the apple sale its still £108 but with option to engrave or theres amazon which is about £105good luck

Wow! thanks for the info hun, although I didn't really wanna spend that much.......don't need the camera etc...just a plain one .....dated probably now:oops: ?:lol:

Original Poster

Bigpoppaad;7022989

You want the highest GB Ipod Touch Obiously - Nano's are good, Classic is … You want the highest GB Ipod Touch Obiously - Nano's are good, Classic is good (but huge)Touch is just super sexy. Like me.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    I bet:p

Doesn't matter if it's big if that's the cheapest as it will just stay in speaker ??

ChipSticks;7022971

Did you get one from that deal too Rappy? lolI love mine

GOT 250 MINZ UNLIMITED TXTS N TINTERNUT FER 22 SQUID FROM VIRGIN/T MOBILE I ONLY USE ABOUT 30 MINS A MONTH (I HAS NO FWENDS):oops:

SOWY HANNAH XXXX

hannah19790;7023010

Wow! thanks for the info hun, although I didn't really wanna spend that … Wow! thanks for the info hun, although I didn't really wanna spend that much.......don't need the camera etc...just a plain one .....dated probably now:oops: ?:lol:

o_O haha well...there is the 4th gen nano's which is going for about £70-£80 on [....bay] but they don't have all those fancy gadgets ^^

hannah19790;7023010

Wow! thanks for the info hun, although I didn't really wanna spend that … Wow! thanks for the info hun, although I didn't really wanna spend that much.......don't need the camera etc...just a plain one .....dated probably now:oops: ?:lol:

Depending on how much music he is likely to put on would depend on the iPod you want. I personally have a 30GB one that I got about 2-3 years ago. I have enough music to fill it twice over almost, so it is no longer practical - Furthermore, these days you can buy a 120GB iPod for under £200, which is what I paid for my 30GB!

I would future proof it to be on the safe side, but that's just my input

This would do me lovely - 160GB iPod for under £180 from Amazon - 10 times the storage of the largest nano for about £60 more? Sounds lovely.
    amazon.co.uk/New…318

Now I actually read the whole post - Yeah if your just after its memory - Go for the Nano, itll hold most of your songs and is cheap as chips... Well is as cheap as around 100 bags of chips anyway.

Original Poster

raptorcigs;7023042

GOT 250 MINZ UNLIMITED TXTS N TINTERNUT FER 22 SQUID FROM VIRGIN/T MOBILE … GOT 250 MINZ UNLIMITED TXTS N TINTERNUT FER 22 SQUID FROM VIRGIN/T MOBILE I ONLY USE ABOUT 30 MINS A MONTH (I HAS NO FWENDS):oops:SOWY HANNAH XXXX

U sweetie....wot for?;-)

noodles1631;7023065

o_O haha well...there is the 4th gen nano's which is going for about … o_O haha well...there is the 4th gen nano's which is going for about £70-£80 on [....bay] but they don't have all those fancy gadgets ^^

That's sounds more like it......I saw this one on here (Sold now tho:( ) Would this have been wot I wanted? can u get it without video?? :?
    hotukdeals.com/ite…-wi

DragonChris;7023072

Depending on how much music he is likely to put on would depend on the … Depending on how much music he is likely to put on would depend on the iPod you want. I personally have a 30GB one that I got about 2-3 years ago. I have enough music to fill it twice over almost, so it is no longer practical - Furthermore, these days you can buy a 120GB iPod for under £200, which is what I paid for my 30GB!I would future proof it to be on the safe side, but that's just my input

We have a small one.....holds about 1000 songs I think....tenent left it behind (amoungst other things) when he left his flat.....we prob have about 600 songs on it at mo so anything bigger would be better lol

Bigpoppaad;7023094

Now I actually read the whole post - Yeah if your just after its memory - … Now I actually read the whole post - Yeah if your just after its memory - Go for the Nano, itll hold most of your songs and is cheap as chips... Well is as cheap as around 100 bags of chips anyway.

Thanks hun:thumbsup:

hannah19790;7023127

That's sounds more like it......I saw this one on here (Sold now tho:( ) … That's sounds more like it......I saw this one on here (Sold now tho:( ) Would this have been wot I wanted? can u get it without video?? :?http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/537332/for-sale-ipod-video-30-gig-white-wi

Thats what I have except in Black. Nowadays all of them have video facilities - It's built in and is up to you to use it or not, Apple doesn't force you to :P

hannah19790;7023127

We have a small one.....holds about 1000 songs I think....tenent left it … We have a small one.....holds about 1000 songs I think....tenent left it behind (amoungst other things) when he left his flat.....we prob have about 600 songs on it at mo so anything bigger would be better lol

As the others have recommended, the 16GB Nano would probably do you. But I'm one for looking ahead and would go for the bigger one But again that's me, it's all down to your needs and if you prefer the look of the smaller one with a unique colour etc.

hannah19790;7023127

U sweetie....wot for?;-)That's sounds more like it......I saw this one on … U sweetie....wot for?;-)That's sounds more like it......I saw this one on here (Sold now tho:( ) Would this have been wot I wanted? can u get it without video?? :?http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/537332/for-sale-ipod-video-30-gig-white-wiThanks hun:thumbsup:

lol its complicated because new versions come out every year it ridiculous. Okay that one from HUKD is an ipod video i believe and its from the Ipod classic family (sorry i forgot to mention it) which is basically a bigger bumped up version of the nano and holds video and has a big hard drive 30gb+. the current ones are £189 and come with 160gb (40,000 songs). the ipod nano is a smaller version to the classic and have been know to be 2, 4, 8 or 16gb.

I reckon you should go for a 4th gen nano which has video. the 3rd gen is pretty much the same but looks terrible (i reckon). lol it all depends on what you fancy really...but get at least an 8gb defo for 2000 songs. give me a shout if you need any more info

Hannah, can I just say, if you have agreed not to do presents, your husband will be peeved and feel bad on Christmas morning when he opens his ipod! lol

Original Poster

noodles1631;7023268

lol its complicated because new versions come out every year it … lol its complicated because new versions come out every year it ridiculous. Okay that one from HUKD is an ipod video i believe and its from the Ipod classic family (sorry i forgot to mention it) which is basically a bigger bumped up version of the nano and holds video and has a big hard drive 30gb+. the current ones are £189 and come with 160gb (40,000 songs). the ipod nano is a smaller version to the classic and have been know to be 2, 4, 8 or 16gb.I reckon you should go for a 4th gen nano which has video. the 3rd gen is pretty much the same but looks terrible (i reckon). lol it all depends on what you fancy really...but get at least an 8gb defo for 2000 songs. give me a shout if you need any more info

Thanks hun, ur a star....will look into it:thumbsup:

ChipSticks;7023294

Hannah, can I just say, if you have agreed not to do presents, your … Hannah, can I just say, if you have agreed not to do presents, your husband will be peeved and feel bad on Christmas morning when he opens his ipod! lol

I know wot u mean but I'm sure he'd be ok really......we are getting each other a few little bits but to be honest we say the same each year lol

hannah19790;7023911

I know wot u mean but I'm sure he'd be ok really......we are getting each … I know wot u mean but I'm sure he'd be ok really......we are getting each other a few little bits but to be honest we say the same each year lol

oh thats ok then loll. i have friends who said they wouldnt do gifts one year, she was gutted on Christmas morning when she opened her diamond earings lol.

What kind of gb does he need?

dcx_badass;7033247

Yeah because it's an ipod fool.

Grow up mate seriously everyone else knew he wasn't bein serious. FOOL :); a person who lacks good judgment

electriclinux;7033309

What kind of gb does he need?

how much songs roughly would he/you two want?

Original Poster

Ooh soz just seen ur replies peeps......don't know really, just more than we've already got which is a 4 gb. Perhaps 30,000 is there one with that amount?? :oops:

hannah19790;7033836

Ooh soz just seen ur replies peeps......don't know really, just more than … Ooh soz just seen ur replies peeps......don't know really, just more than we've already got which is a 4 gb. Perhaps 30,000 is there one with that amount?? :oops:

Get a classic they have about 160GB etc. for like £120 or so.

30,000 songs?! I have 28gb for 5,017 songs. Get a zune 120gb, a cowon with sd card slots, an ipod classic or an archos (not the 705 or 605 versions)

Original Poster

Met-Cast;7034066

Get a classic they have about 160GB etc. for like £120 or so.

Might have a look at a second hand one then as didn't really want to pay that much...thanks hun, will take a look:thumbsup:
    electriclinux;7034391

30,000 songs?! I have 28gb for 5,017 songs. Get a zune 120gb, a cowon … 30,000 songs?! I have 28gb for 5,017 songs. Get a zune 120gb, a cowon with sd card slots, an ipod classic or an archos (not the 705 or 605 versions)

Oh well, maybe I don't want that much then:oops: lol 5000 songs would prob be good enough.....Oh........I DON'T KNOW!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH lol

Find out how big his music collection is, with that information come back.

Original Poster

electriclinux;7034773

Find out how big his music collection is, with that information come back.

Well he has a habit of seeing something advertised on the tele.....then downloading it:roll:
    We've got a 4gb and it's down a fair while and still has some room so I'm sure that would be enough:thumbsup:

hannah19790;7035342

Well he has a habit of seeing something advertised on the tele.....then … Well he has a habit of seeing something advertised on the tele.....then downloading it:roll:We've got a 4gb and it's down a fair while and still has some room so I'm sure that would be enough:thumbsup:

I think the best bet would be a classic.

Original Poster

Met-Cast;7035359

I think the best bet would be a classic.

Yh I think from what I've heard that sounds the best bet....thanks for all your help peeps xx
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Which Zelda Game?68
      2. random company selling fifa 18 for £29.9533
      3. Cinema 24122
      4. Recommend accurate weighing scales22

See more discussions