Groups

Wheel Hub Bolt

Hi

I've ordered some centre hub caps for my Ford Fiesta and I've got a feeling they are not going to fit because of this bolt. Only on 2 front wheels. I was wondering if I could swap it for a shorter one and how easy it is?

Thanks in advance!

9 Comments

Do you mean the big bolt in the centre ? if so you cant change it , the end of the driveshaft will protrude further anyway

Don't go messing if you don't know what your doing. If it's a castlated nut ( looks like turrets on a castle with a split pin through it) you could swap it for a smaller nut but the split pin is there for a reason and as gm8 says above, the drive shaft with still protrude.

Its your drive shaft bolt. The proper caps for it will fit over the top of it so either you have wrong caps or the bolt/nut isnt on right

Original Poster

http://imgur.com/a/uGQoP
    Edited by: "gowingnator" 22nd Feb

Original Poster

gm8dwj

Do you mean the big bolt in the centre ? if so you cant change it , the … Do you mean the big bolt in the centre ? if so you cant change it , the end of the driveshaft will protrude further anyway

Is it just the front 2 wheels that are like this? (picture in comments) because the rear 2 wheels are different in the centre.

gowingnator

Is it just the front 2 wheels that are like this? (picture in comments) … Is it just the front 2 wheels that are like this? (picture in comments) because the rear 2 wheels are different in the centre.

Rears hve no drive shaft as its front wheel drive. Stub axle wll be in there tho so there will be a nut under the cover also

Original Poster

123batman321

Rears hve no drive shaft as its front wheel drive. Stub axle wll be in … Rears hve no drive shaft as its front wheel drive. Stub axle wll be in there tho so there will be a nut under the cover also

ok thanks! Just noticed, on the right hand side the bolt isn't protruding as much as the left side, so one side will likely be missing centre cap

gowingnator

ok thanks! Just noticed, on the right hand side the bolt isn't protruding … ok thanks! Just noticed, on the right hand side the bolt isn't protruding as much as the left side, so one side will likely be missing centre cap

Ok im a bit confused as to what your trying to do are you trying to put a centre capon the wheel or hub

Original Poster

123batman321

Ok im a bit confused as to what your trying to do are you trying to put a … Ok im a bit confused as to what your trying to do are you trying to put a centre capon the wheel or hub

Centre cap liek thishttp://www.fiestastoc.com/forums/uploads/monthly_08_2014/post-49994-0-23711600-1407631349.jpg
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!1517
      2. Iptv1228
      3. Music download79
      4. FedEx sent me a Duty & Tax Invoice - Advice needed67

See more discussions