Wheelchair users cruise no fly suggestions?

10 replies
Found 23rd Oct 2016
hi looking advice on a good no fly cruise for someone confined to wheelchair. Can anyone suggest a good cruise line or cruise for someone who cant transfer from wheelchair and any links/tips appreciated for first time cruiser. thx

10 Comments

you will be limited to you selection without a flight however P&O do sail from Southampton as do Cunard
have a look on some cruise websites they allow you to put in you Embarkation country and take it from there

I recommend you have a look at a specific cruise review site called cruisecritic.co.uk. It is a huge site with reviews and forums on all the cruise lines. There are also many sub forums and I feel sure there would be one for people with disabilities. We have travelled on Princess, Celebrity and P&O and have seen wheelchairs on all of them. They also do have specific cabins for people with disabilities although I would think you would have to book early to get one.

Just had a look for you to find the forum page and here it is :- boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/for…190
Hope this helps you. Take time, and it will be considerable time, to explore the entire site as there is so much information there. Princess, Celebrity, P&O and Fred Olsen all cruise from UK. Mostly from Southampton.

Fred Olsen sail from 10 different ports around the UK, though I've never travelled with them.
fredolsencruises.com/

How about the mini cruises?

Hi - I went on a tour of the Azura the other day and we got to look at a wheelchair accessible cabin, it looked a good size and had good facilities. They do mini cruises from Southampton which are great for getting a taste of cruise life Found these Q & A pages which should be of some help in regards to P&O:-
ask.pocruises.com/hel…ty/

P&0 are great, good British ships and sail from Southampton, royal Caribbean is good too but more American. It depends on what you want, ie- low key, fun packed, cabarets etc... diabled cabins also sell out fast so thats something else to take into consideration.

Original Poster

thanks everyone will check that all out

We went on the independence of the seas with royal Caribbean a few years ago from Southampton to the canaries. Father in law is in a wheelchair and access proved no problem at all on the boat or otherwise.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Switch from BT to BT same property different person513
    2. How to remove bar at bottom of screen on ios 11.0.311
    3. Driving anxiety.3050
    4. Invisalign dental braces in London34

See more discussions