Wheels from Cheltenham to Nottingham

6 replies
Found 31st Oct 2008
I've been a bit of a dunce and bought some alloy wheels off eBay without considering how to get them. They are in Cheltenham, I'm in Nottingham. They were a bargain so I am prepared to go to some effort to get them, but does anyone have any bright ideas on how I can get them picked up and transported relatively cheaply? Any help greatly appreciated.

6 Comments

Get a train and pick them up? I don't think train fair is that expensive.
Or there are some man and a van services around that would pick them up and bring them to you, but probably much more expensive.
Any relatives or friends that could drive you down there? If they think it's far, just explain that on the grand scheme of things, it's not as far as say - australia, or china...then it will seem much much closer, and they might be willing to take you.

on autoroute comes up as about a 2 hour journey, I live in Notts and have to travel 2 hours when I go home, if you're looking for some one to drive you you're gonna be looking at about £40to cover their petrol depending on their car engine and the current price of petrol etc. Might be cheaper to look for a man in a van as suggested.

Costs £35+ on train too, and figures you probably don't live near the train station, and they don't live near the train station so the cost will go up even more. Bet your wishing you bought more expensive alloys, that were closer to home, and in the long run - cheaper? lol...everybody does it mate.

Erm.. silly question, but if you've bought alloy wheels, don't you have a car to put them on?
Couldn't you drive down yourself?

Original Poster

Bobbajob;3334578

Erm.. silly question, but if you've bought alloy wheels, don't you have a … Erm.. silly question, but if you've bought alloy wheels, don't you have a car to put them on?Couldn't you drive down yourself?

I could drive myself, but the diesel cost is going to be a bit high.
This is probably what I'll end up doing.
Thanks for all help. Rep coming your way.

Original Poster

I've found a reasonable courier. In case anyone else has a similar issue the website is
]http//ww…uk/
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. First batch of original Xbox backwards compatible games55
    2. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522882
    3. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 192 ***822
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428314658

See more discussions