When are 01 plates going on sale

14 replies
Found 3rd Jul 2009
I am after a private plate with 01 in it. does anybody have remotly any idea when these will go on sale.

Thanks

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
14 Comments

About 8 years ago mate................

Probably gonna have to wait 41 odd years thats if they do issue 01 plates.

ChrisUK;5658420

Ditto...

Original Poster

damn, really.

ChrisUK;5658420

01 plates were not issued in 2001 the new plates were 51 in sept that year with 02 released march 2002.:thumbsup:

Banned

bellabonkers;5658427

Ditto...

+2

They are used for private plates

Original Poster

01 plates were never released

Banned

Althought the DVLA website returns this data

home search current styleNo date has been set for the launch of the … home > search > current styleNo date has been set for the launch of the series yet. Full details will appear on our website as soon as we have any further information.

nxt years plates will be 10 and 60

i doubt they will do a run on 01 its too lucrative too flog em off on normal reg cars will just sell em as privates

Original Poster

2050 it looks like. dame. 40 years+ to wait

do you mean 10 its out in december, never been an 01. Y REG CARS WAS REGISTERED IN 2001

foxymissroxy;5658486

nxt years plates will be 10 and 60 i doubt they will do a run on 01 its … nxt years plates will be 10 and 60 i doubt they will do a run on 01 its too lucrative too flog em off on normal reg cars will just sell em as privates

No it will be 10 and 50 surely?

Foxy102;5658552

The style of number plates changed in September 2001. The format since then has been two letters, known as 'local memory tags', two numbers to indicate the year of registration (first or second half) known as 'age identifiers', followed by three more letters known as the 'random element'. From March 2010, the age identifier will be 10, changing to 60 in September 2010. In March 2011, the age identifier will be 11, changing six months later to 61.

The Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) says this pattern will continue until all permutations are exhausted. Local memory tags show in which part of the country a vehicle was first registered. For example, London registrations start with the letter L, while West of England registrations, which include Exeter, Truro and Bristol local offices, start with a W.

Since the new format was introduced it has been illegal for new or replacement plates to use anything other than the approved typeface which is easily read by speed cameras. The letters I and Q are not used in the new format and the letter Z is used only in the random element.

. . . is what it says haha so my next car will be a 60 plate :?

Foxy102;5658552

lol I thought it was going to be 10 and 15 :oops:
Doh.... see why it's 60 now though.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Why Can't I Get BT Showcase on Freeview?12
    2. I’m in dire need of a dash cam with remote viewing capability over 4G914
    3. Computer upgrades67
    4. Dog advice please. Think my Labrador is dying after catching the cold77