Groups
    EXPIRED

When best to buy around Xmas?

I need a few things (furniture, TV, new mobile) inteh next few months.

When is the best time to buy? Is the old/conventional wisdom of waiting for the January Sales still valid? Or does competition pre-Xmas even it out? Or do "deals" as publicised on here etc beat the High St type deals at these times?

TIA

1 Comment

Hi cynic-al, I work for a Big retail Business trading online and in stores . We are so concerned with Christmas spending this year that we are running 20 different promotions in the run-up. Our January sale will simply be a massive reduction of whats left post Crimbo to reduce stock holding. So I think the saving will pretty much be the same accross the entire season.
    Plus you can always abuse the old price matching promise at most retailers (some will even allow you to get your money back if they drop the price up to two weeks later.! (Maplin used to do this when I worked for them)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767251
      2. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers1827
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7101342
      4. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…2368

See more discussions