Groups

When buying from ebay are the items covered under warranty from manufacturers

As above thanks

9 Comments

Brand new items with non ebay/paypal reciept YES

otherwise NO

Original Poster

J4GG4;6700234

Brand new items with non ebay/paypal reciept YESotherwise NO

so your saying if i was given a paypal receipt it would cover the warranty?

Banned

Borat;6700357

so your saying if i was given a paypal receipt it would cover the … so your saying if i was given a paypal receipt it would cover the warranty?

no, they said, non ebay/paypal receipts

sassie;6700375

no, they said, non ebay/paypal receipts

Correct

Banned

all depends what you are buying mate

yes and no

dont always need a receipt for warranties

In the case that you buying an imported item, the warranty may be covered by the seller or 3rd party, instead of the manufacturer. So always ask before you buy.

I've used eBay - PayPal receipts many times for mobile phones.
    The manufacturer accepted I was the owner on account of the eBay receipt and checked the IMEI for the remaining warranty.

A lot can change in 4 years...

It all depends on the warranty wording, internal company policy and who you get to talk to.

e.g. often the warranty wording will state that the warranty is non transferable and so in such a case, technically, whether you have the original receipt or not, only the original purchaser can exercise warranty repair replace.

In practice they tend not to be that strict. Though legally they can be if the warranty wording allows.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?66
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?99
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846240
      4. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News66

See more discussions