When buying online with Deliveroo do they require you to enter the 3 digit security code?

Posted 6th Sep 2020
Hi. Just a quick question. Trying to work out how my friends bank card got hacked.

As above. When ordering food with Deliveroo do they require you to enter the 3 digit security code on the bank of your card?

Cannot find a recent answer on the internet.

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
I don’t think they do! It’s happened to so many people I know. Banks are aware, getting a refund should be relatively easy
I have not been asked for it
OK. Thanks.

In which case the card has been cloned in our local town.
They didn't fall for any emails did they. I know someone at work fell for the PayPal one 5 times

Also have you malware checked devices.

On the other hand it's horribly easy for some smaller unscrupulous shops to clone a card.
MonkeysUncle06/09/2020 20:42

They didn't fall for any emails did they. I know someone at work fell for …They didn't fall for any emails did they. I know someone at work fell for the PayPal one 5 times Also have you malware checked devices.On the other hand it's horribly easy for some smaller unscrupulous shops to clone a card.

No they didn't. The bank has confirmed it was a genuine fraud using the card details. It is a cloned card. Cant be anything else. Deliveroo do not even operate within 20 miles of them/
If you haven't already done so let police know, sometimes it's a waste of time but sometimes they do come in shops and request to look at cctv.
Post a comment
@
    Text