When can you upgrade phone contract?

Found 12th Dec 2011
Hi there guys! I'm on a 24 month contract which runs out May 2012. I was wondering when do networks allow for upgrade?

I remember something like 3 mths before on the 18th month contract and 6 mths before on the 24 month contract but i might be wrong.

Anyone knows for sure and had their upgrades early before and under what network?

Cheers!

18 Comments

What network? how much is your current contract monthly?

i'm pretty sure virgin only do it a month early

Orange do it 3 months early. I've renewed this way for the past 3 years with them.

Depends on network, between 1 and 3 months. BUT bear in mind, the months are added to the end of the new contract they don't just vanish. So if you upgrade 3 months early on a new 18 month contract it'll run 21 months.
Also, you get a far better offer when you're out of contract, that's the way the systems programmed. .

Perhaps a better idea to call your network, given they are in the best position to answer.

Vodafone 6 months early on any contract.

Original Poster

im on t-mobile. yea ive called and they said only 1 mth before contract ends which is kinda crap so im trying to see what other networks are like so i can say im "leaving" as my "other" contract is letting me upgrade

Vodafone let you upgrade 6 months before but it gets added onto your next tariff, so if your on a 12month contract, upgrade 6 months early (after 6 months) and go to another 12 month contract, your contract would be 18months (new 12 + old 6)

Original Poster

anyone with 3 who knows?

Call 0800 358 8460 and ask

Original Poster

i'm with tmobile so cant really call 3 and ask them whens time for my upgrade.

i found something new on my t-mobile contract when i called to upgrade on the weekend. my 24 month contract is coming to an end beginning of next month so i am in my last month and i am allowed to upgrade. i am sure that in the past i could upgrade the day i call but this time i was told that i need to give 30 days notice to end my contract even though it ends itself before that?

so i changed my contract to a lower priced one to start in 30 days. i wasn't too bothered but i had always thought that you do not need to give 30 days notice to end your contract as it ends on the day it says?

You can call three and ask the standard procedure for upgrades (_;) use your brain please.

Original Poster

MiiCK

You can call three and ask the standard procedure for upgrades (_;) use … You can call three and ask the standard procedure for upgrades (_;) use your brain please.

well if u don't reply like a smartass no one will say ure not using ur brain either (_;)

Original Poster

mutley1

i found something new on my t-mobile contract when i called to upgrade on … i found something new on my t-mobile contract when i called to upgrade on the weekend. my 24 month contract is coming to an end beginning of next month so i am in my last month and i am allowed to upgrade. i am sure that in the past i could upgrade the day i call but this time i was told that i need to give 30 days notice to end my contract even though it ends itself before that?so i changed my contract to a lower priced one to start in 30 days. i wasn't too bothered but i had always thought that you do not need to give 30 days notice to end your contract as it ends on the day it says?

well normally after the 30 days if u dont give any notice they would carry on billing you. well thats what happens to me anyway. hope that helps

You have to give 30 day notice or they keep on billing

I have had a 3 contract for the past 6 years. On my 18 month contract, I've been able to renew/upgrade at 12 mths and on my current 24month contract, I've been offered the opportunity to renew/upgrade at 18mths

If your contract ran out in may 2012 surely you must be overdue a upgrade ?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants