when children go through the hittiing stage how long does it last?

my 1 year old son who is still very small and sweet looking keeps throwing a mean right hook at me,he does it so quick most times his little fist crashes into my eye socket,the thing is because i have lol on a few occasions he now thinks its funny (it is funny) but now when i tell him of he just finds it highly amusing and does it all the more
is anyone elses kids going through the same stage?

15 Comments

Banned

WOW...having second thoughts on ever having kids now...thanks :-(

when my little un did this and thought it funny i used to put them away from me and say that it was naughty as it hurts mummy and is not nice then let them have a think

,the thing is because i have lol on a few occasions he now thinks its … ,the thing is because i have lol on a few occasions he now thinks its funny (it is funny)

This is the problem.

Child will stop when the parents stop finding it funny.

Original Poster

thesaint;3905304

This is the problem.Child will stop when the parents stop finding it … This is the problem.Child will stop when the parents stop finding it funny.

i know,but sometimes it would come as a shock to me and i couldnt help but lol.the thing is now i have laughed previously he still thinks its funny so doesnt take it seriously when i tell him of for it

ODB_69;3905256

WOW...having second thoughts on ever having kids now...thanks :-(

lol - same here!

that aside, my granny would have given a tight slap ... lol, thanks nan now i just stay off picking up things LOL

Banned

its in him for life send him to boxing training and contact the big boxing promotors

you gonna be minted if you can stay alive that long

hit him back see how he likes it, i do this to my 6year old nephew (serious)

edit: hes only 1, dont do it.

Original Poster

i do remember the other kids going through this stage but that was more of a slapping stage not punching,im sure they just grew out of it,
he does know its wrong as he doesnt do it to anyone outside the family,its hard because he also does it to my other children and they find it amusing too
i have told the children not to laugh when he does it but they still do at times
hopefully he will just grow out of it,its not really a big deal at the mo as he is still a baby

Just don't laugh at him, You laugh at him you deserve it.

Cry and tell him it hurts and not to do it again, If he does it again then give him time out or send him to bed etc..

If he keeps doing it, Tap his hand and tell him NO.

Be firm but if you laugh your back to square one, Get him out of it now because when he starts school he might do the same etc..

Say 'No' firmly and put him down (if you are holding him or he's on you knee) and then don't give him any attention for a minute or so.

Banned

Discipline

my son is 2 and 1/2 and still does it! so hard not to laugh but ive found pretending to cry works everytime, although sorry does roll of his tongue a little too easily these day!

It is incredibly difficult to discipline a one year old as they really dont understand. Our daughter is 19 months now and went through this stage, we just used to hold her hand back and say "if you do that it makes mummy sad and mummy will cry like you do when you fall over, why dont we go and do some painting/play-doh/singing..instead" by offering an alternative straight away you halt the behaviour. I find kids only hit when they are bored or fustrated.

Are my kids strange......they have never hit/bitten or kicked me :?

bitseylango;3937568

Are my kids strange......they have never hit/bitten or kicked me :?

No, I think you parented them properly.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. GOT Leaks again614
    2. PS4 Beta Software Version 5710
    3. Sad news about Barcelona2073
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846124

See more discussions