When did 7UP change?

Found 25th Nov 2017
Since when did 7UP reduce its sugar by 30% and add stevia as a sweetener?

I AM NOT HAPPY.

So another proper pop bites the dust and all we're really left with is Coke, Pepsi and San Pellegrino.

I feel sorry for the kids of today who with never taste the full sugary goodness that Corona and Barr used to supply back in the day.

I cry for them.
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
32559697-VwBHE.jpg
DR PEPPER
kester763 m ago

[Image] DR PEPPER

I liked Dr Pepper before they 'improved' the recipe to include sweeteners.
chimp14uk6 m ago

I liked Dr Pepper before they 'improved' the recipe to include sweeteners.

Whoa I thought it was still 65g of sugar ?
Edited by: "kester76" 25th Nov 2017
Drink Canada Dry instead . Like Dean Martin tried to do
kester7623 m ago

Whoa I thought it was still 65g of sugar ?

I think there's still a pile of sugar in it, but they've taken some out to make it cheaper to produce.
Edited by: "chimp14uk" 25th Nov 2017
Real men (Scots) drink Irn Bru
bryanhaines39953 m ago

Real men (Scots) drink Irn Bru

They also wear tartan skirts...
32561330-tjvJa.jpg
i cant stand 7 up, i only drink coke any way, but it is time for me to grow up and stop drinking soft drinks altogether. i just have to finish the 40 bottles i still got left, then i am well on my way
mrty1 h, 37 m ago

They also wear tartan skirts...[Image]

Yes but only for social gatherings. For day to day use something with a pocket is required (a sporran is no use as a you don't want a bottle of ginger walloping your bits).
why they are replacing sugar with sweeteners?

perhaps:

Overall, 9.3% of four- and five-year-olds in primary reception class in England in 2015-16 were classed as obese, up from 9.1% the previous year, according to the national child measurement programme (NCMP).

The number of obese 10- and 11-year-olds in their last primary school year also rose from 19.1% to 19.8% last year – nearly one in five.

Richmond upon Thames in south-west London has the fewest fat children in England. In the borough, 11% of year six pupils are classed as obese. In contrast, in the east London borough of Barking and Dagenham 28.5% of children that age were found to be obese.

To say that kids wont taste the full sugar "goodness" is just plain dumb and ignorant.
Just remember when your fat ass will be on the hospital bed it may be that there is not enough nurses that are fit enough to move you around
Edited by: "mattsk" 25th Nov 2017
Not to mention the UK are the fatties of europe! I am appalled to see so many jeans now come with elasticated waist band. WTF!

theguardian.com/soc…nds
mattsk1 h, 26 m ago

why they are replacing sugar with sweeteners?perhaps:Overall, 9.3% of …why they are replacing sugar with sweeteners?perhaps:Overall, 9.3% of four- and five-year-olds in primary reception class in England in 2015-16 were classed as obese, up from 9.1% the previous year, according to the national child measurement programme (NCMP).The number of obese 10- and 11-year-olds in their last primary school year also rose from 19.1% to 19.8% last year – nearly one in five.Richmond upon Thames in south-west London has the fewest fat children in England. In the borough, 11% of year six pupils are classed as obese. In contrast, in the east London borough of Barking and Dagenham 28.5% of children that age were found to be obese.To say that kids wont taste the full sugar "goodness" is just plain dumb and ignorant.Just remember when your fat ass will be on the hospital bed it may be that there is not enough nurses that are fit enough to move you around

Namby Pamby mattsk.

Get a grip, son.

When I grew up in the 70-80s, I had full sugar pop, but it was every so often and not every day, it was a one litre bottle once a week between me and my sister.

It's not the pop that's the problem, but the parents who keep allowing their kids to drink the pop.

There is no problem with full fat pop and I find people like you very offensive and very patronising.

Next thing you'll be telling us that Sleeping Beauty should be banned.
It's because the sugar tax comes in soon and now all these drinks won't be liable for the extra tax
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants