Expired

When did Gumtree start charging for placing a for sale advert???

Found 28th Mar 2013
As Title

I just typed my advert on gumtree and its asking me to pay £11.98 to advertise my property
Community Updates
7 Comments
is your property worth less than £11.98?
BA11

is your property worth less than £11.98?

read the question oO
Is this for other types of adverts or just property?
its over a certain amount they charge and if u leave boxes ticked they charge u for putting ur ad near top of results
ande1979

its over a certain amount they charge and if u leave boxes ticked they … its over a certain amount they charge and if u leave boxes ticked they charge u for putting ur ad near top of results

Thanks
you're entitled to one free add a year. I find OPENRENT much better. your first add is free then you have to pay £20 for each subsequent advert.

They advertise your property on all the main outlets (primelocation, gumtree etc..) and email you when someone has expressed interest. Plus they refresh your gumtree advert daily so you don't have to pay gumtree those silly "bump my ad" fees.

I'm still bedazzled as to how they make money out of this service?

http://www.openrent.co.uk/Images/PortalIcons/AllLogosSmallNew.png
Edited by: "fweddy" 28th Mar 2013
fweddy

you're entitled to one free add a year. I find OPENRENT much better. your … you're entitled to one free add a year. I find OPENRENT much better. your first add is free then you have to pay £20 for each subsequent advert. They advertise your property on all the main outlets (primelocation, gumtree etc..) and email you when someone has expressed interest. Plus they refresh your gumtree advert daily so you don't have to pay gumtree those silly "bump my ad" fees.I'm still bedazzled as to how they make money out of this service?

Thank you

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Merchants