When do the Amazon Black Friday lightning deals start?

15 replies
Found 24th Nov 2016
Am I being too fussy, or is Amazon Black Friday absolutely pathetic this year? I remember getting ready for upcoming lightning deals this time last year, hoping they didn't sell out before I got to them, going on waiting lists, etc.

15 Comments

Thinking the same thing. Alot of rubbish so far.

Friday

TBH haven`t actually seen anything I don`t want/need to buy on a whim!

deals very poor compared to previous years. I think black friday on the whole seems quiet this year

Yeah Amazon is a massive let down..

Yeah Amazon is a massive let down..

Are they even doing the lightning deals?

Doing some deals but they are quite pathetic to be honest. Our country has diluted down black friday and consumers will be dissapointed due to expectations of what black friday should be.

Bf is really really lame this year

I was thinking the same. Very unimpressed.

I was looking for somewhere to post and this seems perfect.
am I missing something? Amazon have been brilliant previously for BluRay titles aswell as lots of other departments.
the lightning deal system seems different this year, previously you could scroll across and see everything coming up in the day ahead.
using DVD & BluRays for example, we need to filter lightening deal, then DVD & BluRay but then we get about 20 results for the whole day - am I missing anything or have the company that brought us BF actually abandoned it?

Edited by: "pfpf" 25th Nov 2016

Not great, is it?I wonder whether sites like this have tempered BF deals somewhat. There are millions of UK shoppers who visit HUKD before they buy anything now and are - probably rightly - under the assumption, that almost everything they shop for will be a bargain price at some point in the year, and not necessarily just on BF week. Perhaps shops like Amazon etc just spread their deals out over the year now, to keep sales consistent, as opposed to just getting a flood of network traffic in a condensed period (obviously Amazon won't suffer this like others might, but the point stands).

Original Poster

In previous years there was a Lightning Deals carousel. You could scroll through all the live deals and forward in time to see what was coming up for the next twelve hours or so. It was much better. I've pretty much given up.

I stayed up till 3am thinking it's got to get better than this as there seemed to be nothing worth buying. Got up early this morning thinking , well surely there will be at least some good deals by now.
Well I had so little sleep for nothing, the worst Black Friday ever imo .

89quidyoucantgowrong

In previous years there was a Lightning Deals carousel. You could scroll … In previous years there was a Lightning Deals carousel. You could scroll through all the live deals and forward in time to see what was coming up for the next twelve hours or so. It was much better. I've pretty much given up.

Yes. Pretty much this. The carousel was incredibly useful and made it far easier to see what deals were coming up. Like you I've given up browsing Amazon for any useful deals - it's just too difficult.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Lower car insurance99
    2. word association Game74244891
    3. Add one, leave one game54315413
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769290

See more discussions