Groups

When do you all buy new electronics, TV, Laptop, Desktop, DVD player...

As the title, I just wondered when everyone buys new electronics, do you run yours into the ground then replace them, or do you upgrade every year to get the newest available?

The reason I ask is i'm thinking of getting a new laptop, with the one i currently use being 2 yers old...is this normal?

8 Comments

Banned

mine have to die, then i buy

2 years isn't abnormal for a laptop - any less would seem a bit daft if the old one still worked, 3 years is perhaps the 'standard' upgrade time. To be honest not that much has changed in 2 years - what improvement are you expecting?

Original Poster

I'm expecting an intel processor over the ridiculously loud amd one I have atm, I hate loud laptops but have put up with my current one for 2 years lol

When it's needed or if i want it.

the dandy p;6575204

As the title, I just wondered when everyone buys new electronics, do you … As the title, I just wondered when everyone buys new electronics, do you run yours into the ground then replace them, or do you upgrade every year to get the newest available?

You ask this to some of the obsessesive buyers on here who by there own admission, buy anything cheap :w00t: whether needed or not :whistling:

I buy if mine breaks, except my panny 42" plasma @ £200 cashback which replaced a crt from lidl's

Banned

had my laptop almost 5yrs I've replaced the motherboard myself in that time as it got a crack in it. Got a PC that I keep updating though and wouldn't ever dream of playing games on a laptop just not made for it.

I normally upgrade when it stops doing what i want it to do or doesnt doo it efficiently enough for example; when i bought an xbox the tv i was using didnt provide a great picture therefore i bought a new tv with HDMI so i could play in HD. :thumbsup: New mobile everytime i get bored of the one i have though which is like every 4-8months. Laptop i would just run into the ground and keep on downloading software updates and things for it.

Normally until they die. But I keep buying new iPod's because I lie the new features...lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Anyone got a spare Argos 10% code from the Xbox Minecraft mistake?34
      2. Jury service12
      3. Ask and Misc quieter since for sale has gone?912
      4. Amazon S&S price fix question22

See more discussions