When does my car insurance expire?

Found 26th Feb 2016
The date of expiry is 28/2/2016 (Sunday). Does this mean I can drive all Sunday with my current insurance policy?

Thank you in advance for respones.

13 Comments

Normally expires at midnight, or 11:59, so yes your insured all day 28/02/16, but I'd double check your policy for clarification....

11.59pm on Sunday 28th

Mod

Have you checked the actual insurance certificate? Any policy I've taken out has always shown the exact time it will expire. I've just checked my current insurance and it shows the following:

http://i67.tinypic.com/6sfe5f.jpg

Tbh I've never seen a insurance policy end at 1 minute after midnight
That's a first for me
All mine have ended 11.59 on the date shown
Just check one of our cars and that's 11.59pm on Monday as I've sorned it
Worth checking your policy now
Edited by: "Bradleigh" 26th Feb 2016

Original Poster

Thank you very much for your answers and suggestions to check the policy. It's ridiculous that my policy started on 00:01 on 28/2/15 and ends on 00:01 on 28/2/16. That kind of feels like 364 days. Not surprised given insurance companies try to squeeze out every penny and give nothing in return.

As Bradleigh said just check your policy, This is mine with Admiral ends 13:00 30/04/2016

Original Poster

One more ask if you don't mind....do I have to notify my insurer I want to cancel after 28th? If I don't, will it be automatically renewed?

Mod

mnc365

One more ask if you don't mind....do I have to notify my insurer I want … One more ask if you don't mind....do I have to notify my insurer I want to cancel after 28th? If I don't, will it be automatically renewed?

That should be detailed in your renewal notice. If you've misplaced it, it is definitely worth a call to make sure it's not on auto-renew just for peace of mind!!

mnc365

One more ask if you don't mind....do I have to notify my insurer I want … One more ask if you don't mind....do I have to notify my insurer I want to cancel after 28th? If I don't, will it be automatically renewed?

Best check your policy if it doesn't state then call your insurer as some auto renew and some don't.

mnc365

Thank you very much for your answers and suggestions to check the policy. … Thank you very much for your answers and suggestions to check the policy. It's ridiculous that my policy started on 00:01 on 28/2/15 and ends on 00:01 on 28/2/16. That kind of feels like 364 days. Not surprised given insurance companies try to squeeze out every penny and give nothing in return.

00:01 28/02/15 to 00:01 28/02/16 is 365 days....

BeerDrinker

That should be detailed in your renewal notice. If you've misplaced it, … That should be detailed in your renewal notice. If you've misplaced it, it is definitely worth a call to make sure it's not on auto-renew just for peace of mind!!

​Defo check. If your with Swinton, chances are, they may have already taken a deposit/first months payment-of which you can get back if you dont renew.

It's the law now/or new guidelines, all motor policies will auto roll over unless you tell your insurance company not to. You should have by now received a renewal notice detailing you next policy, cost, dates etc etc.

confused.com/car…hts

most of them work on the basis of first year heavily discounted n hike up the price next year
its a hassle but worth it
last time after I compared everywhere I found quotezone which was not so famous cheapest
IMO confused has highest rates.
quidco n topcadhback also useless when it comes to motor insurance
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants