When Google Play Music shuts? In 2020

Posted 30th May 2020
I use ^ app to play downloaded Google music purchases / music files on SD card (Android) and purchases. (ios) I don't stream.

Will I have to use YouTube Music to play purchases ? (and possibly music files)

Google Play Music conveniently plays in background (even when use 'close all' on Android)
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
Where is the news, is this speculative?
Crap Google, we are really guinea pig for them.
The biggest loss for me is the Google Music storage facility.
tardytortoise30/05/2020 20:12

YouTube Music has the feature now.

Annoyed about the change. I don't want YouTube subscriptions to be the same as music subscriptions! I don't want video algorithm to be used to choose music, I want the songs in my library only. I hope at the very least they support playlists in Google Home by the time GPM closes.
Edited by: "jamie15" 30th May
tardytortoise30/05/2020 20:12

So are you saying I cannot upload my mp3s to Google Music and then stream the music using Bluetooth in my car?
Google rolling out option to move your existing music to YT music. Just hope they keep the ability to still upload your own music.
BIG SWIZZ --- (paid for music and want to listen in background) Google Greedy ??????

Can I close the YouTube Music app and still listen to music in the background?
If you’d like to continue listening to music while you use other apps or when your screen is off, then try out a YouTube Premium membership

Unfortunately currently background play is only a feature available for Premium Music subscribers. This is one of the many features of a Premium subscription in YouTube Music Premium. (from online chat)
Post a comment
@
    Text