When is Black Friday 2017 and how can I find the best deals?

Edited by:"amour3k"Found 25th Oct 2017
When is Black Friday 2017 and how can I find the best deals?

uk.finance.yahoo.com/new…tml

===============================

When is Black Friday 2017?

If you love a bargain or you're saving up for something big, you might want to keep track of Black Friday - the biggest shopping day of the

year.

The online sales bonanza falls on November 24 this year - it's always the day after Thanksgiving in the U.S. However these days with stiff competition among retailers and pressure to deliver, many shops launch deals well ahead of the big day so keep your eyes peeled for early offers.

Black Friday is always followed by Cyber Monday (November 27) which used to be a separate event in it's own right until last year when it merely became an extension to the Black Friday weekend.

Where did Black Friday come from?Used

to describe a pre-Christmas day of commercial carnage, the term “Black Friday” originates from Philadelphia, USA, in the early 1950s. Online retail giant Amazon introduced the concept to the UK in 2010. Asda, owned by America’s biggest retailer Walmart, followed suit in 2013.

How big was Black Friday 2016?Britons

spent a record £5.8 billion over the four days between Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2016 - an increase of 15 per cent on last year, according to VoucherCodes.co.uk and the Centre for Retail Research (CRR). Online

retailers took approximately £2.8 billion of this - up 20 per cent from £2.3 billion in 2015, according to the data.

2817639.jpg
View photos
BlackFriday countdown
On Black Friday itself, experts estimate that £1.27 billion was spent in the 24 hour period - up 16 per cent on last year.

China's Singles Day, the world's biggest online shopping day of the year? That finished on November 11 2016 with Chinese shoppers spending $17.8bn (£14.2bn) in 24 hours. It seems UK shoppers still have a way to go to beat that record." data-reactid="55">However, did you know that Black Friday is still completely trumped by China's Singles Day,

the world's biggest online shopping day of the year? That finished on November 11 2016 with Chinese shoppers spending $17.8bn (£14.2bn) in 24 hours. It seems UK shoppers still have a way to go to beat that record.

Salesforce Commerce Cloud’s Jamie Merrick says that UK retailers didn’t discount as heavily as those in other countries. Consumers in the UK, he says, saw prices cut by an average of just 9%. That compared to Germany (23%),

France (26%), the United States (29%) and Canada (36%).

2817639.jpg
View photos
People fighting over TVs in Asda, Wembley, London on Black Friday 2013. Since then, the event has moved largely online.
Did all retailers take part? No.

In 2016, Ikea, Asda, Next and Homebase were among those who turned their back on the sales day. M&S and Selfridges sort of took part in Black Friday 2016 - both stores had weekend long Christmas-themed sales instead.

===============================

I don't know about you guy's but, personally speaking, I CAN'T WAIT ... hehehehehe. :-D

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Black Friday 2017: where to get the best UK deals | Business | The Guardian

amp.theguardian.com/bus…off

---------------------------

Black Friday vs. Cyber Monday: Read This Before You Shop

icepop.com/bla…ay/

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
Top comments

shabbird9 m ago

HUKD has a dedicated facebook page for Black Friday. Also follow Chanchi …HUKD has a dedicated facebook page for Black Friday. Also follow Chanchi and the Mods who seem to get advance notice what the deals and discounts will be.

Chanchi? Who?

Editor

deeky8 m ago

Chanchi? Who?

Rare Pokémon, or so I’m told.
15 Comments

I love Black Friday but will only shop online 👌 I’m so not getting in a rut over silly things like a telly

Life would be complete, if Polaroid made OLED HDR 4K Turbo TV's and they were on sell on African American Friday

Your black Friday countdown is broken...

HUKD has a dedicated facebook page for Black Friday. Also follow Chanchi and the Mods who seem to get
advance notice what the deals and discounts will be.

Yes it's almost the time of the year where it's acceptable to hit an old lady for a cheap TV.

shabbird9 m ago

HUKD has a dedicated facebook page for Black Friday. Also follow Chanchi …HUKD has a dedicated facebook page for Black Friday. Also follow Chanchi and the Mods who seem to get advance notice what the deals and discounts will be.

Chanchi? Who?

Editor

deeky8 m ago

Chanchi? Who?

How o find the best deals?

HUKD

Retro8916 m ago

Yes it's almost the time of the year where it's acceptable to hit an old …Yes it's almost the time of the year where it's acceptable to hit an old lady for a cheap TV.

We should just cut the pretence and start calling it the purge.

BuzzDuraband31 m ago

So, there's a Chanch I could catch it?

Is Black Friday dead though over here? Its seems to be pre set deals on cheap name TV's and all other junk.

Currys/PC World did a load of cheap deals on computers (as seen on here) recently.

Kindle is down on price.

All things you would expect to find on black Friday! Retailers last year saying people don't want to fight for bargains so they wont do Black Friday.

A remember maybe 4 yrs a go or so getting some cheap external HDD's, a Radley bag and a few other things that were genuinely much cheaper, though maybe limited availability deals.

Certainty on the US back in about 2003 recall wading in to Walmart to get Gameboy Advances for $45 USD. Geuine deals!

Seems like big UK retailers may have made it in to "con Friday".
Edited by: "groenleader" 25th Oct 2017

groenleader8 h, 59 m ago

Is Black Friday dead though over here? Its seems to be pre set deals on …Is Black Friday dead though over here? Its seems to be pre set deals on cheap name TV's and all other junk.Currys/PC World did a load of cheap deals on computers (as seen on here) recently.Kindle is down on price.All things you would expect to find on black Friday! Retailers last year saying people don't want to fight for bargains so they wont do Black Friday.A remember maybe 4 yrs a go or so getting some cheap external HDD's, a Radley bag and a few other things that were genuinely much cheaper, though maybe limited availability deals. Certainty on the US back in about 2003 recall wading in to Walmart to get Gameboy Advances for $45 USD. Geuine deals!Seems like big UK retailers may have made it in to "con Friday".

Yes it is a big con. No doubt millions will get excifed about the prospect of a £20 Amazon firestick or a 49 inch Polaroid TV. Amazon prime day is much better.

Original Poster

Black Friday 2017: where to get the best UK deals | Business | The Guardian

amp.theguardian.com/bus…fer

Original Poster

Black Friday vs. Cyber Monday: Read This Before You Shop

icepop.com/bla…ay/
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions