When is it best to buy a new iphone? Black Friday or December sales?

Posted 25th Oct
I am not sure if I am using this discussion forum correctly, it's my first post.

I am wonder when is best to buy a new iphone on Amazon, black friday or december (apple might have december sales, not sure).

thanks

Edit: STUPID of me not to mention the model, iphone XR
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
Black Friday = getting rid of old stock to make space for new stock. Christmas sales = cutting margins to turn over vast volumes of stock to make the same profit margins. You want old or new?
Let me get this right for you, assuming you are looking for an unlocked ph... Apple uk offers a gift card for black Friday but not any discount... The GC also limited to a max of around £40 which means you need to spend more on again to use it... From my exp, it is better to check in John lewis and Gifgaff for apple offers... Check on black friday and cyber monday... Hope this helps...
Ringfinger25/10/2019 17:46

Black Friday = getting rid of old stock to make space for new stock. …Black Friday = getting rid of old stock to make space for new stock. Christmas sales = cutting margins to turn over vast volumes of stock to make the same profit margins. You want old or new?

iphone xr. currently £629 on apple and amazon. unlocked.
Jdee25/10/2019 17:54

Let me get this right for you, assuming you are looking for an unlocked …Let me get this right for you, assuming you are looking for an unlocked ph... Apple uk offers a gift card for black Friday but not any discount... The GC also limited to a max of around £40 which means you need to spend more on again to use it... From my exp, it is better to check in John lewis and Gifgaff for apple offers... Check on black friday and cyber monday... Hope this helps...

it does help, tyvm
I wouldnt waste my money on iphone. (Unpopular opinion).

Much better phones for a lower price.
Edited by: "ab713" 25th Oct
I got my last 2 deals on Black Friday, get on mobiles.co.uk first thing and you will likely get the best deal
In general iphones get cheaper as they get older so unless your after one that’s already a few years old the longer you wait the better. Black Friday might have a good deal but not likely to be on the iPhone 11 series but since it’s only 2 months too Christmas that’s also not much time for decent price drop. Your best bet is to decide on the exact iPhone you want and watch for a very hot deal on here, it might be tomorrow it might be in a month or 2 but there’s bound to be a good deal before Christmas. Don’t miss a good deal waiting for Black Friday and don’t buy on Black Friday if the deal isn’t much better than current deals. What iPhone you after?
Longer you wait cheaper it will be, give it a year or 2 will be iphone8 prices
After sept 2020 when they have 5g
You could always buy it on eBay using the discount code. Argos, Currys, etc. all sell new phones on eBay.

If it has to be Amazon, they had the XR on offer last year for Black Friday.
Be willing to look at Amazon.de /.fr over thr BF/CM period. Last year, for example, Amazon.de had Samsung phone for circa £100 cheaper than at Amazon UK and that was as a deal at A UK.

NB: Not an Apple user but Apple in other Euro countries may be worth a try also (providing we're still in EU come BF)
So make the most of this BF's year's deals in EU cos with if BJ /ERG get their way the tariffs next year may make those offers non-deals.
Edited by: "Whammerhead" 26th Oct
Put it this way, last year I got my mate 20 pro,
+ free watch
+80gb data
Choice of sky sports, Spotify, prime or Netflix
£120 cashback
For £37 per month with zero upfront, I'm still laughing at how good that deal is..

So lack Friday, just get up early
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants