Found 22nd Nov 2008
When it doesnt come in a tin?

Seriously though, why can a post be removed as spam because it doesnt vote hot? I thought the point of this site was to promote deals, and it was up to the forum members to decide how good or bad the offer was, hence the temp.

Having a deal removed as spam because it was cold is a bit off dont you think - or am I way off base here?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
20 Comments

Banned

Spam should only be when its offensive or if its a duplicate post/deal

Duplicated deals are spammed, that's 1 reason why.

Banned

starsparkle2311;3532230

yeh not always the reason tho'

Its the OFFICIAL reason but not one all members adhere too......some get away with spamming for no reason

Original Poster

starsparkle2311;3532202

way off, slightly, people spam for all reasons regardless of it being … way off, slightly, people spam for all reasons regardless of it being good or bad

I am (obviously to you as you replied) referring to my 'deal' from bensons beds. Now Im not totally dim, I didnt really expect it to stay on the site but it does bring up the point of why do cold deals get removed (as you pointed out)

If this site is to let people know whats good or bad then surely cold deals are as important as hot ones? Personally I take as much notice of the cold deals to know what to avoid as the hot ones to jump at.

Still just my thoughts.

Still - dont order from bensons as they are *******:whistling:

Having a deal removed as spam because it was cold is a bit off dont you … Having a deal removed as spam because it was cold is a bit off dont you think - or am I way off base here?

Could you explain a bit more. What I don't know about spamming threads isn't worth knowing.

Edit: Just seen your reply.
A deal shouldn't be spammed because it's cold. If it was cold, then you are crazy to want it back.

It shouldn't have been in deals then, maybe thats why it was spammed.

Should have posted a warning in misc

disneyfan;3532256

I am (obviously to you as you replied) referring to my 'deal' from … I am (obviously to you as you replied) referring to my 'deal' from bensons beds. Now Im not totally dim, I didnt really expect it to stay on the site but it does bring up the point of why do cold deals get removed (as you pointed out)If this site is to let people know whats good or bad then surely cold deals are as important as hot ones? Personally I take as much notice of the cold deals to know what to avoid as the hot ones to jump at.Still just my thoughts.Still - dont order from bensons as they are *******:whistling:

Not suggesting you are dim but maybe you should have posted you bensons experience in misc?

spammed

Original Poster

thesaint;3532264

Could you explain a bit more. What I don't know about spamming threads … Could you explain a bit more. What I don't know about spamming threads isn't worth knowing.

I posted a 'cold' deal from Bensons beds, bascally I was scre*** over by them on a bed I ordered (and didnt get) so posted a deal from them. As I said above I didnt expect it to stay, but then again why shouldnt it?

It was genuine, it was informative and it broke none of the rules Im aware of. (It actually lasted an hour till a pretentious pr**** decided to report it as spam)

disneyfan;3532299

I posted a 'cold' deal from Bensons beds, bascally I was scre*** over by … I posted a 'cold' deal from Bensons beds, bascally I was scre*** over by them on a bed I ordered (and didnt get) so posted a deal from them. As I said above I didnt expect it to stay, but then again why shouldnt it?It was genuine, it was informative and it broke none of the rules Im aware of. (It actually lasted an hour till a pretentious pr**** decided to report it as spam)

If it was more of a rant than a "Deal" then I am not surprised it was spammed.

HUKD = Serious business.

Original Poster

starsparkle2311;3532288

oh i see, yes i seen that deal, well because you posted it as a COLD deal … oh i see, yes i seen that deal, well because you posted it as a COLD deal it got spammed, maybe because this site is HOT uk deals?

Yes but.....

in that case why have a hot / cold voting system. And anyway who am I to decide if you or anyone else isnt going to think that forking out £430 for nothing isnt a great deal? Someone out there might have been just waiting for it

Im not too bothered about my deal being removed - as Ive said I expected it, but it raises a point. Hence this thread.

starsparkle2311;3532300

and it prob shouldn't have been posted - full stop - am i right?

You are usually correct.

Don't I know you from somewhere? :-D

disneyfan;3532329

Yes but.....in that case why have a hot / cold voting system. And … Yes but.....in that case why have a hot / cold voting system. And anyway who am I to decide if you or anyone else isnt going to think that forking out £430 for nothing isnt a great deal? Someone out there might have been just waiting for it :pIm not too bothered about my deal being removed - as Ive said I expected it, but it raises a point. Hence this thread.

[SIZE="4"]HUKD = Serious Business[/SIZE]

:thumbsup:

[SIZE="4"]HUKD = Serious Business[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

hotukdeals.com/ite…e-m
very serious, spot on as usual

Original Poster

"HUKD = Serious Business"

My daughter does that in a discussion, if she is disagreed with she talks louder, still she is only 9.:roll:

Anyway....Trust me I regard losing £430 as serious.

I was trying to avoid this thread turning into a re-post of my spammed one (been there, done that), instead just having a discussion about what is wrong with cold posts, but it seems to have degenerated back to that.

Getting away from that and my personal experience, no-one has said yet what is actually wrong with cold posts. We vote posts cold ourselves if they are no good to let people know, so why not have cold posts.

HUKD is serious business - i agree totally, and it is where I first look if I think I have found a good deal, I also pay great attention to what the forum has thought of other peoples deals to warn me off if necessary. Same thing isnt it?:thinking:

Original Poster

skusey;3532418

:thumbsup:[SIZE="4"]HUKD = Serious Business[/SIZE]

hotukdeals.com/ite…e-m
very serious, spot on as usual[/QUOTE]

Lol:thumbsup:

Spot on indeed:-D

disneyfan;3532471

HUKD is serious business - i agree totally, and it is where I first look … HUKD is serious business - i agree totally, and it is where I first look if I think I have found a good deal, I also pay great attention to what the forum has thought of other peoples deals to warn me off if necessary. Same thing isnt it?:thinking:

I did not see your deal, but from what you have said in here, it seems like you posted a deal that you knew was bad to prove a point.

If you posted a deal that you genuinely thought was good, then use the "]Contact Us" form and ask them to reinstate it. Spamming threads is taken seriously.

cold posts are cold cos they're not good deals, we all come on here for a bargain.

If you've had a bad experience with a company etc. by all means let us know, but put it in misc and then it can be discussed.

Let's keep the deals section free for actual deals that we can all benefit from, hopefully;-)

Original Poster

thesaint;3532490

I did not see your deal, but from what you have said in here, it seems … I did not see your deal, but from what you have said in here, it seems like you posted a deal that you knew was bad to prove a point.If you posted a deal that you genuinely thought was good, then use the "]Contact Us" form and ask them to reinstate it. Spamming threads is taken seriously.

Cant do that... I promised my mother Id never tell lies:oops:

I knew the deal was awful, obviously (im a bad bad man) so dont want it back except to make a point, and that was done. However if we on this forum want to be the retail barometer of the masses then surely we should be putting hot and cold out there.

I could have posted in Misc, but to be honest I only look in Misc if I want a chat or a laugh. Deals I look for in Deals. Hot or cold.

But by deliberating posting a cold deal you are affecting your own voting power,

The mods tend to remove any deals that are posted as a joke, or posted to highlight a very bad price or product or supplier.........Starsparkle did this a week or so ago and it was removed , so you are not being singled out.

And as Kidcat says a bad/cold deal affects your voting power so its no bad thing to get a cold deal removed (but they won't remove simply because it was cold).
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604822
    2. Add one, leave one game54415451
    3. word association Game74244928
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428114654

See more discussions