When the wind blows

Posted 26th Mar
any one of a certain age (and some younger) has probably seen this fantastic and very moving animated film about an old couple, Jim & Hilder who are at home when a nuclear bomb is dropped, basically they haven't got a clue how serious it is and all they can do is follow the government advice leaflet about what to do, needless to say it was a useless waste of time.

it rings bells of what's going on now, mainly the fact that people can't grasp how serious it is and are just carrying on as normal, for some people it seems to be the most exciting thing that's happened in there lives running round Asda grabbing food, getting extra money on the universal Credit, Jim & Hilda obviously die and we are already heading that way,
anyway I've had my rant now off to bed after my night shift, not a key worker but have to work to pay the bills...

have a look at the film if you get chance and you will see what I mean
Community Updates
Misc
7 Comments
This film always cheers me up.
I tried really hard to enjoy/watch this. fell asleep.

Also, there's a bit where the old woman is totally naked and you see her boobs, WTH is that all about? Totally inappropriate.
MadeDixonsCry26/03/2020 10:53

I tried really hard to enjoy/watch this. fell asleep.Also, there's a bit …I tried really hard to enjoy/watch this. fell asleep.Also, there's a bit where the old woman is totally naked and you see her boobs, WTH is that all about? Totally inappropriate.

Calm down vicar, go and have a look at some modern rap videos on youtube.
of a certain age but never seen it, trailer
andymagic26/03/2020 11:18

Calm down vicar, go and have a look at some modern rap videos on youtube.

No one wants to see an old lady's baps. Also, it is not needed in this film. it's random, unrelated and the scene clearly has ulterior motives.
Ive got the picture disc of this. Soundtrack was by David Bowie and Roger Waters.
MadeDixonsCry26/03/2020 10:53

I tried really hard to enjoy/watch this. fell asleep.Also, there's a bit …I tried really hard to enjoy/watch this. fell asleep.Also, there's a bit where the old woman is totally naked and you see her boobs, WTH is that all about? Totally inappropriate.

It wasn't the first thing that came to my mind about the film so can't of looked particularly out of place to me but yes it does seem a bit odd, just remember though this isn't a childs cartoon it is an animated feature film
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants