When to do transfer number between network providers?

Posted 27th Sep
Hi all,
Need a bit of advice as when to request change over from one network provider to another. I've got my PAC code and my contract finishes on 18th Oct with Virgin.
I've had two different advice from the customer reps:
1 - request swap when monthly payment takes place (14th)
2 - do it on 19th Oct when contract ends.

I want to avoid paying any early exits fees (or whatever they call them).
Any idea which one is correct?

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

6 Comments
I would recommend you port on the 19th October thereby negating any early termination fee.
ouali827/09/2019 20:27

I would recommend you port on the 19th October thereby negating any early …I would recommend you port on the 19th October thereby negating any early termination fee.

Thanks. That's what I thought originally but the other guy gave me some wrong info :/
ouali827/09/2019 20:27

I would recommend you port on the 19th October thereby negating any early …I would recommend you port on the 19th October thereby negating any early termination fee.

Not possible. Request the port no later than 4pm on the day of 17 Oct for the port to occur on 18 Oct - this assumes the replacement airtime arrangement is more beneficial than the existing arrangement and there is no early termination penalty for the current arrangement other than the minimum term payment, otherwise req port on 18 Oct for port on 21 Oct.
Edited by: "AndyRoyd" 27th Sep
AndyRoyd27/09/2019 21:12

Requesrt port no later than Not possible. Request the port no later than …Requesrt port no later than Not possible. Request the port no later than 4pm on the day of 17 Oct for the port to occur on 18 Oct - this assumes the replacement airtime arrangement is more beneficial than the existing arrangement and there is no early termination penalty for the current arrangement other than the minimum term payment, otherwise req port on 18 Oct for port on 21 Oct.

Is this basically to factor in the time to process the transfer?
wadz27/09/2019 21:18

Is this basically to factor in the time to process the transfer?

Yes, and allowing for the porting process only being effective on a weekday.
AndyRoyd27/09/2019 21:32

Yes, and allowing for the porting process only being effective on a …Yes, and allowing for the porting process only being effective on a weekday.

Ok fab. Thanks for your help
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants