Groups

when to notify orange to cancel my contract (contract ends november 13)

I want to keep all my options open when looking for a new mobile phone contract. I'm currently with orange and my 18 month contract ends 13th november (36 days time).

Do i Have to give my 30 days notice to cancel in 5-6 days time?

If i'm able to give notice earlier what are the implications?

19 Comments

Banned

no you have to give 30 days notice, cant do it earlier

Original Poster

rep will be given for any adivce + my gratitude

Banned

antony4462;6513641

30 days notice

clue.......................

Original Poster

"clue......................."

I'm not looking to cancel earlier, i just want to make sure I don't end up paying extra on top of my contract should i choose to change vendor.

If someone was to ask me to give 5 days notice to state i was not going to attend an event i would guess they would want to know before the 5 days not after.

Banned

if its 30 days notice you give 30 days notice - its not hard

Yes, if your contract ends on 13 November, the earliest you can give notice is 30 days prior to that, which is the 14 October. After that, I think you can give your 30days notice anytime....

Original Poster

dimebars;6513715

if its 30 days notice you give 30 days notice - its not hard

you seem a bit quick to put people down i'm just looking for advice.

From what I understand I have to wait for the 30th day before my contract ends, not before!

What are the implications of ring up with 15 days before my contract ends would 15 days of phone use be added to my contract?

Banned

[QUOTE=antony4462;6513806]you seem a bit quick to put people down i'm just looking for advice.

From what I understand I have to wait for the 30th day before my contract ends, not before!

What are the implications of ring up with 15 days before my contract ends would 15 days of phone use be added to my contract?[/QUOTE]

yes, if you ring up early they will also charge you an early termination fee

antony4462;6513806

you seem a bit quick to put people down i'm just looking for advice.From … you seem a bit quick to put people down i'm just looking for advice.From what I understand I have to wait for the 30th day before my contract ends, not before! What are the implications of ring up with 15 days before my contract ends would 15 days of phone use be added to my contract?

Yes, you need to give the complete 30 days notice, so if you give notice on, say, 1 November, your contract would end on 1 December.

Actually the notice depends on what you want to do. If you want to keep your number then you get a PAC, you have 30 days to use this. If you dont use it then your account continues to run until you give 30 days notice to cancel.

You cannot give 30 days notice to cancel and request a PAC at the same time its one of the other. So you will need to decide if you want to take your number with you, or just cancel before you ring Orange.

Banned

civms47;6513777

Yes, if your contract ends on 13 November, the earliest you can give … Yes, if your contract ends on 13 November, the earliest you can give notice is 30 days prior to that, which is the 14 October. After that, I think you can give your 30days notice anytime....

Not quite correct from my own experience. My 12 month contract with Orange expires on 11 November 2009. I gave them notice last week. 30 Days is the minimum notice period required. Of course you still have to meet your contractual obligations.

Banned

aScottishBloke;6515038

Not quite correct from my own experience. My 12 month contract with … Not quite correct from my own experience. My 12 month contract with Orange expires on 11 November 2009. I gave them notice last week. 30 Days is the minimum notice period required. Of course you still have to meet your contractual obligations.

really, whenever i have phoned to cancel they have said you have to phone on the day, you cannot give more than 30 days notice, although i am with t mobile

Banned

sassie;6515052

really, whenever i have phoned to cancel they have said you have to phone … really, whenever i have phoned to cancel they have said you have to phone on the day, you cannot give more than 30 days notice, although i am with t mobile

He he, I'm only speaking from experience with Orange. If I decide to let anyone know the termination date with a minimum of 30 days notice (even on day one of the contract) then it's their issue if they don't have the systems to cope with my instruction (keep the proof though)

Banned

aScottishBloke;6515086

He he, I'm only speaking from experience with Orange. If I decide to let … He he, I'm only speaking from experience with Orange. If I decide to let anyone know the termination date with a minimum of 30 days notice (even on day one of the contract) then it's their issue if they don't have the systems to cope with my instruction (keep the proof though)

so basically dont phone, but write if you want to do it before the 30 days

Banned

sassie;6515142

so basically dont phone, but write if you want to do it before the 30 days

It's the same with most things, for peace of mind, some sort of contact where you can establish receipt. Voice/email/written will all be fine if you can ensure the receipient acknowledges your request.

Banned

dunno it all seems hard work for me, wont have to worry last one was a 24 month contract and still got 18 months left yet - lol

when you give ur 30 days notice if you have a bill produced in this period you will be charged the 1 months line rental for that bill, but when you do terminate they will refund the time u didnt use for that month ie. put notice in 30 oct to end contratct 30 nove, bill produced 15th november with 1 months line rental, terminate on 30 nove and get a refund of 15 days.

You can give your notice now but they will charge you the full line rental until the end of your contract

you can cancel at any time, given the 30 days notice, the reason for this is that you pay them for the next month as a kind of repayment of ending your contract

therandomkidwhoknowsstuff

you can cancel at any time, given the 30 days notice, the reason for this … you can cancel at any time, given the 30 days notice, the reason for this is that you pay them for the next month as a kind of repayment of ending your contract

Bit late brah
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?611
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424014473
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826350
      4. word association Game73844457

See more discussions