When to power flush system

Posted 9th Oct

I've recently had a new boiler installed but was condused when they power flushed the system with the new boiler in situ. Given all the sludge and rubbish which must have gathered in the system, surely the power flush should be done using the old boiler ??
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
I'm confused, why pay to have a boiler installed if you're a plumber yourself?
When I had a Colonic they didn't go near my boiler
Edited by: "4Real2016" 9th Oct
What boiler have they fitted, and did the actually flush through the boiler as well. I will sometimes fit the boiler, but bypass it with the powerflush machine.

In an ideal world I will flush using the old working boiler as a means to heat the water, assuming it's a nice cast iron regular boiler.
Best to do it with old boiler. As its most effective with hot water running through the system. And doing it with the new boiler will send any sludge and iron oxide through the new boiler. So always best to do it beforehand.
Doubt it was a powerflush. That term is simply a sales term that is in vogue to impress people for the money they are ripped for

They probably used Sentinel X300 for the purpose stated on the bottle. £5 from cov plumbing
andymagic09/10/2019 13:15

I'm confused, why pay to have a boiler installed if you're a plumber …I'm confused, why pay to have a boiler installed if you're a plumber yourself?

Might not be qualified for gas which I'd imagine the boiler comes under.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants