Groups

When were the best console bundles last Christmas?

Hi all,

A quick question for anyone who perhaps works in retail or can recall what sort of offers were around last year... I'm planning to buy a new 360 (I'm sure you can guess why!) but it's not going to be immediately, due to lack of funds. I'm basically trying to work out at what point last year the best bundles were around. Were they pre-xmas or in the sales afterwards? Since I have patience on my side, I figure I can hold out till after Xmas day if needs be. I'm sure there will be some great deals in the run-up beforehand, as I remember the price wars on games particularly got ridiculous last year!! I'm just wondering whether there are likely to be better console bundles before or after Santa has been

Anyone who can help me out on this one, I'd be very grateful!

4 Comments

remember the VERY few ppl who got bundles for silly prices when woolies closed?

I'm guessin just after crimbo but these things never drop all that much really.

I personally think the one from Amazon will be the best this year.

They can only bundle so much without selling at a loss.

Xbox elite 2 new games and Cod MW2 for £210 was a great offer

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;6886544

remember the VERY few ppl who got bundles for silly prices when woolies … remember the VERY few ppl who got bundles for silly prices when woolies closed?I'm guessin just after crimbo but these things never drop all that much really.

Yeah, I picked up a 60GB from my local for about £80 I think. I had no use for it though so ended up selling it on!!

Starr;6886578

I personally think the one from Amazon will be the best this year.They … I personally think the one from Amazon will be the best this year.They can only bundle so much without selling at a loss.Xbox elite 2 new games and Cod MW2 for £210 was a great offer

Yeah, I was thinking that there's probably not going to be much more at the approximately £200 mark. However, the bundle that Game were doing till Monday (Elite with 3 new games) was even better in my eyes, especially since I've already got a copy of MW2 sorted.

cookiemonster83;6886717

Yeah, I picked up a 60GB from my local for about £80 I think. I had no … Yeah, I picked up a 60GB from my local for about £80 I think. I had no use for it though so ended up selling it on!!Yeah, I was thinking that there's probably not going to be much more at the approximately £200 mark. However, the bundle that Game were doing till Monday (Elite with 3 new games) was even better in my eyes, especially since I've already got a copy of MW2 sorted.

Ye that was a good deal.

Id prefer to pay the extra £10 for MW2 instead of say Smackdown which will soon drop in price.

I cant see where they can go from these offers apart from glitches.

They seem too good value
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2849
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?24103
      3. Sad news about Barcelona24102
      4. hOW SHOCKED WERE YOU AT THE GLASGOW FRUIT MARKET CONFLAGRATION??1111

See more discussions