Groups
    EXPIRED

when will the brexiteers bow down to the remainers and admit it was wrong?

Over the last few days we have seen a dose of reality hit us. We are not going to come out of the EU with a good deal. The whole thing is a farce. It makes me laugh how the same old phrases are pandered about..."Oh BMW want to sell their cars here so we are guaranteed a good deal". The reality is, we will probably have to keep almost all EU law intact and we will have to allow free movement of people...so what is the point!

Top comments

- Because we'll get £350M per week for the NHS - Oh wait, sorry no we won't.
    - Because we'll still be in the single market, with no free movement - Oh wait, no we won't get that either
    - Because we'll be at the front of queue for a Trump trade deal - Oh wait, no wrong again
    - Because the whole world wants to trade with us - Oh wait, nope after nearly 200K miles of flying by the SoS for BEIS, not one single trade deal promised or agreed in principle
    - Because our Financial sector will be stronger - Oh wait, nope most major banks are relocating some or most of their staff to other Euro capitals.

We are the laughing stock of Europe, who would have thunk...

What are you basing this on?
    It's no good saying "the reality is.....probably..."
    As it stands, EU law and free movement haven't been agreed officially. Can't confuse speculation with facts.

My vote to leave wasn't the wrong decision for me.

A few threats from the EU bullies has you crying for your Mummy.

Grow a pair and believe our Great Country will prosper making a success of Brexit.

Have faith in our girl Theresa because at least unlike you she has the believe to get the job done.
    263 Comments

What are you basing this on?
    It's no good saying "the reality is.....probably..."
    As it stands, EU law and free movement haven't been agreed officially. Can't confuse speculation with facts.

My vote to leave wasn't the wrong decision for me.

Yes I admit and speak for the rest of them and apologize.

The EU being a*****s doesn't make it a bad decision. It just shows how much they have to loose from us going and makes them look like a bunch of bitter old children.
    If we negotiate correctly there is no reason we should come out of this in a bad position.

This should be an interesting one!

Many on here voted to remain for the exact reasons in the opening post. Not because we think the EU is some perfect happy land but we could see that nothing would actually change for the better.

Instead, many got sucked into buzzwords like sovereignty and make Britain Great again when really all they have done is further some MPs own agendas do the detriment of the whole country.

- Because we'll get £350M per week for the NHS - Oh wait, sorry no we won't.
    - Because we'll still be in the single market, with no free movement - Oh wait, no we won't get that either
    - Because we'll be at the front of queue for a Trump trade deal - Oh wait, no wrong again
    - Because the whole world wants to trade with us - Oh wait, nope after nearly 200K miles of flying by the SoS for BEIS, not one single trade deal promised or agreed in principle
    - Because our Financial sector will be stronger - Oh wait, nope most major banks are relocating some or most of their staff to other Euro capitals.

We are the laughing stock of Europe, who would have thunk...

Its all talk atm, The EU junta have to say the deal we will get will be terrible and our government* have to say our deal will be great, the reality will be somewhere in the middle.

* unless Labour get in then they will agree with the EU that we should be punished with a rubbish deal (probably)

The EU can't be seen giving us an easy ride as it will greenlight other members to vote and leave. They need to be hard but deals will happen as it will be in the interest of all parties. The interesting decision will be in France, if they vote to leave also it's going to be be difficult to stop others.
    My main point is you can't say it's a disaster just because of a few tough words coming from their direction. You just need to wait and see.
    Edited by: "japes" 4th May

Saturn

It didn't take you long to settle in. Welcome to Misc.

good spot

Yawn - another Brexit is bad thread.

I wonder if anyone will say anything new. I'll come back in a while and prepare myself to be completely underwhelmed.

are you a snp member by any chance?

tpol

- Because we'll get £350M per week for the NHS - Oh wait, sorry no we … - Because we'll get £350M per week for the NHS - Oh wait, sorry no we won't.- Because we'll still be in the single market, with no free movement - Oh wait, no we won't get that either- Because we'll be at the front of queue for a Trump trade deal - Oh wait, no wrong again- Because the whole world wants to trade with us - Oh wait, nope after nearly 200K miles of flying by the SoS for BEIS, not one single trade deal promised or agreed in principle - Because our Financial sector will be stronger - Oh wait, nope most major banks are relocating some or most of their staff to other Euro capitals.We are the laughing stock of Europe, who would have thunk...

EU says we are the laughing stock - ever heard of negotiating tricks?

It is about​,t time the people who lost the vote excepted just that. They lost. Keep bleating on about the same thing.

The EU are showing there true colours and throwing their toys out of the pram they are afraid of undermining their corrupt ways and lifestyle this should be seen a reality check for Europe good riddens I say PM doing a good job under trying circumstances.

All the UK is doing is freeing itself from the colonising EU yoke. It is a pity that the EU are not showing the same level of maturity as Great Britain when former colonies wanted independence. I believe that GB is still giving aid to its former colonies; I wonder if the EU will do the same to GB?

The EU are showing there true colours and throwing their toys out of the pram they are afraid of undermining their corrupt ways and lifestyle this should be seen a reality check for Europe good riddens I say PM doing a good job under trying circumstances.

Bendown

It is about,t time the people who lost the vote excepted just that. They … It is about,t time the people who lost the vote excepted just that. They lost. Keep bleating on about the same thing.

"excepted" really?

tpol

- Because we'll get £350M per week for the NHS - Oh wait, sorry no we … - Because we'll get £350M per week for the NHS - Oh wait, sorry no we won't.- Because we'll still be in the single market, with no free movement - Oh wait, no we won't get that either- Because we'll be at the front of queue for a Trump trade deal - Oh wait, no wrong again- Because the whole world wants to trade with us - Oh wait, nope after nearly 200K miles of flying by the SoS for BEIS, not one single trade deal promised or agreed in principle - Because our Financial sector will be stronger - Oh wait, nope most major banks are relocating some or most of their staff to other Euro capitals.We are the laughing stock of Europe, who would have thunk...

Agreed,

I could see this game being played out by the establishment (fear of losing more admin powers to Brussels). They created Fartage & Co and encouraged him , a one man show really, (giving full media publicity - to do their bidding and pimping their lies). With the politicians & Media in their bag (winks and nudges with promises for Bojo and Gove to be PM and place in history) they managed to hoodwink the electorate by playing upon their fears of immigration. Fartage is assured a knighthood. If he is so anti EU, why hasnt he resigned as an MEP yet? He is enjoying the full perks of the EU gravy train and employing his German mistress at our costs. He loves it in Brussels. Matter of principle?

British people are so gullible that a word from the Queen ("What has EU done for us?" in The Sun during the last week of campaign) swayed public opinion.

We are already paying for this foolhardy decisions.(higher food, material costs, costly fuel, expensive holidays, lower pound value and uncertainty) It was all only about immigration, and xenophobic fears played to the full. This could have been addressed by Cameron from within EU, instead of the hare brained referendum.

Yeah, the 350 million a week to NHS ! What a con they played .

Compare that to the large hearted Germans. They have managed to absorb a million Syrian /warzone refugees last year ! They will repay the Germans big time with more productivity and a larger market share. GO buy your BMW's then at higher costs and enrich them further.

Suddenly, you find that Mrs May (who was a remainer under Cameron) changed her spots and became a passionate Brexiteer. All for power? (agreed by the establishment - wink wink - nudge nudge)

Maybe if Tony Blair can mobilise public opinion and there is a groundswell of demand for a second referendum........ oh wait. Britain is great already ! Sad to see its demise after the Scotts go their own way. How will the Irish react? Poor Welsh are bystanders now.
    Edited by: "Onlydongles" 4th May

Saturn

It didn't take you long to settle in. Welcome to Misc.

Ha ha.....excellent!!

Bendown

It is about,t time the people who lost the vote excepted just that. They … It is about,t time the people who lost the vote excepted just that. They lost. Keep bleating on about the same thing.

You lost as well, it's just it hasn't happened yet.

We all lost.

It will be fine. With David Davis at the forefront what could possibly go wrong?

Towelie

You lost as well, it's just it hasn't happened yet. We all lost.

​that would be an opinion (yours)
    I'm afraid a lot would disagree, if you feel like you've lost maybe your attitude is not the best for accepting the democratic vote of the population of the UK.
    however I feel we are winners in the UK, it's a shame you can't try to be positive.

A few threats from the EU bullies has you crying for your Mummy.

Grow a pair and believe our Great Country will prosper making a success of Brexit.

Have faith in our girl Theresa because at least unlike you she has the believe to get the job done.

The best deal for the UK is a trading deal with EU countries, it does not have to be through the EU. It can be and be through individual negotiations.

IMO the UK is free to trade with the world, the EU nations like Germany etc. want to trade with us, even the Italians have given in and admitted they need the trade. ITs the EU countries who now know they wont make up the business within the confines of the EU.

Most of the EU political leaders have stepped back from the table and left it to the EU bureaucrats to fight this out. Why? B/c they cant go home saying we would not make a deal with Britian and now you cant sell them with out a 20% tariff or months of negotiations which might make me look weak!

Being in the EU has been a disaster for the working man - jobs moving east and immigrants moving west, its as simple as that. Not that I have anything against eastern Europeans but we cant even look after our own people let alone 100,000+ new arrivals every year, its not sustainable and it seems to be all one way. Companies closing up factories here and moving production to Poland with EU grants etc its a joke - just one of the many reasons people voted for Brexit. Being in the EU was bad, leaving it will be a nightmare short term but we'll flourish and bounce back like we always do. Deal or no deal we'll be out.
    Edited by: "freakstyler" 4th May

No one know's what deal we will get until negotiations are up and running. The EU is dead in the water and is scared that when we leave more will follow, that is why they are playing hard ball. We should all pull together and let them know we are not going to let them rule the roost. Personally I would say deal or no deal we going bye.

As for admitting it was wrong. Never. A vote is a vote.

shadey12

that would be an opinion (yours) I'm afraid a lot would disagree, if you … that would be an opinion (yours) I'm afraid a lot would disagree, if you feel like you've lost maybe your attitude is not the best for accepting the democratic vote of the population of the UK.however I feel we are winners in the UK, it's a shame you can't try to be positive.

I think you should learn the difference between democracy and dictatorship. Just because a small majority voted one way doesn't mean the rest just have to shut up and accept as that is a dictatorship and not democracy.

And we have all lost as we are already paying more for stuff due to the poor decision.

All this trying to be positive about stuff and getting behind our Theresa just stinks of desperation.

The politicians are there to do their job whether I think they are an idiot as much as they are than if I think the sun shines out of their behind.

If there was anything to be positive being spoken about it would be different but it is all empty, meaningless words so far.

Enjoy your Red, White & Blue Brexit whatever the hell that is supposed to be!!

*grabs popcorn*

Omg !!!! That's all I have to say !!!!

wow. bowing, good way to get buy in to your view

Bow down? If that's the mentality of eu states and all remainers then I hope it goes as badly for them as possible to be honest. Thankfully I'm pretty sure that's not the view of most.

If everyone just accepted the result and got on with things civily we'd all be better for it.

Banned

halsallms

\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09Over the last few days we have seen a dose of … \x09\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09Over the last few days we have seen a dose of reality hit us. We are not going to come out of the EU with a good deal. The whole thing is a farce. It makes me laugh how the same old phrases are pandered about..."Oh BMW want to sell their cars here so we are guaranteed a good deal". The reality is, we will probably have to keep almost all EU law intact and we will have to allow free movement of people...so what is the point!\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09

We wont have free movement and we wont be paying a 10 billion Euro Bill either.

Project Fear alive and well I see.

No one needs Britain, Britain need Europe.
    27 countries hate us and don't need to let us have anything.
    Will go down as the worst decision our generation have made.

Bow down? Is that the mentality of remainers in your view OP? That they are some sort of superior being?

I might bow down to lift another bucket for your tears.

True, If Labour get in then Brexit will indeed be a catastrophe, Fortunately they've got no chance.

The remoaners really are clutching straws.

Chiptivo

No one needs Britain, Britain need Europe. 27 countries hate us and don't … No one needs Britain, Britain need Europe. 27 countries hate us and don't need to let us have anything.Will go down as the worst decision our generation have made.

Nahh they don't need us we are just the second largest net contributor to EU funds, second largest economy, the major EU member of NATO, one of only two nuclear armed countries in the EU and the EU's biggest single customer.

" 27 countries hate us"

That is good enough reason to get out - I say feck EU mercantilism, feck EU protectionism - lets go global - incidentally... how many of the top world economies have a free trade deal with the EU?

Edited by: "Fred.Smith" 5th May

Towelie

I think you should learn the difference between democracy and … I think you should learn the difference between democracy and dictatorship. Just because a small majority voted one way doesn't mean the rest just have to shut up and accept as that is a dictatorship and not democracy. And we have all lost as we are already paying more for stuff due to the poor decision. All this trying to be positive about stuff and getting behind our Theresa just stinks of desperation. The politicians are there to do their job whether I think they are an idiot as much as they are than if I think the sun shines out of their behind. If there was anything to be positive being spoken about it would be different but it is all empty, meaningless words so far. Enjoy your Red, White & Blue Brexit whatever the hell that is supposed to be!!

​did you complain in any of the countries previous elections when the party who won (and made laws for 5 years) didn't get a majority of votes?
    If it's so bad in the UK why not have a holiday to a country ruled by a dictator, then be thankful that we have democracy.

What makes me laugh are the portion of people who voted for Brexit because they don't like immigrants, not those who were just concerned about the impact of immigration but the blatant racists out there.

What's funny is they don't seem to realise that Brexit means more immigrants from Asia, the ones they seem to hate the most.
    Edited by: "supermann" 4th May
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55
      4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon44

See more discussions