When will the next flagship have a removable battery?

Found 3rd Jan
I like to keep my phones for more then a year and it seems battery starts going pants at the 2 year mark which is a concern for me as I am quite clean that I do not use clunky apps and use blockers from hogging my phone down, there is literally no phone makers anymore selling with removable batterys,

Thinking of get the G5 (with warranty as I have had issues with bootloopps)

The moto G5 is a option also, do you guys/gals, think there be another flagship with removable battery?
seems LG was the last to stop which is a shame

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
7 Comments

Bit of a crystal ball moment really... but I suspect the days of removable batteries have gone. Much like expandable memory, it's no longer the 'norm'.

At least Apple are now doing sensibly priced battery replacement for handsets.

Never because a non removal battery means a slimmer phone more water resistant and better for the manufacturer because the customer probably buy a new phone when batterys rubbish

Flagships had sails, not batteries

Sambat14 m ago

Flagships had sails, not batteries

Not true. Some have Warp Engines.

Oneday774 h, 17 m ago

Not true. Some have Warp Engines.

Don’t get confused with Starships

Sambat32 m ago

Don’t get confused with Starships

NCC-1701D the USS Enterprise, Galaxy Class. Flagship of Starfleet.

Original Poster

Splice3rd Jan

Never because a non removal battery means a slimmer phone more water …Never because a non removal battery means a slimmer phone more water resistant and better for the manufacturer because the customer probably buy a new phone when batterys rubbish

Take a S8 Plus, remove the glass back, and you will see the same square cut out in the back where it usually is only differnece is they have glued it in and layer it so it needs a severl compoments cneed to come out first, ask any engineer in mobiles they could of layer it for easier battery removal
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants