Groups

When will we see the PlayStation 4 around £250 and when will the 1TB Hard Drive be included?

We have seen the console on it's own around £280 but now it seems like the prices have gone up with all the major dealers.

Can we expect some good deals in the next few months and when will we see the 1TB Hard Drive as standard?

9 Comments

Toys R Us did it for £250 couple of weeks ago. But, I'm guessing they just dropped the price to lure in people for Christmas. Now that's over, it will stick to the £300 mark for the next couple of months.Also a 1TB model is needed soon! My 500GB is full mainly due to TLOU and GTA 5. 100GB for both those games!
    Edited by: "driveclub321" 11th Jan 2015

Are you waiting for prices to drop to your budget so that you can buy?
    Keep in mind that you will miss out all quality titles. Backdated games will be cheap but no fun especially in multilayer area since no one would play those games.

Original Poster

thegame999

Are you waiting for prices to drop to your budget so that you can … Are you waiting for prices to drop to your budget so that you can buy?Keep in mind that you will miss out all quality titles. Backdated games will be cheap but no fun especially in multilayer area since no one would play those games.

You are spot on and I'm starting to realise I might have made quite a big mistake, I have actually bought 6 games already.

It's not necessarily my budget but I'm just quite tight and think it should be around £250....

26/11/14 Wolfenstein - The New Order £17.99
    28/11/14 Assassin's Creed IV - Black Flag £26.99
    05/12/14 Metro Redux £15.99
    01/01/15 Metal Gear Solid V - Ground Zeroes £15.00
    09/01/15 Call of Duty Advanced Warfare £24.99
    09/01/15 DriveClub £19.85

Yeah so I have those above games and thought I would get the GTAV Bundle around £280 in January as a mate has a John Lewis Staff Discount of 12% but John Lewis have either really bad stock/no stock or rubbish prices even with the discount.

My plan has gone South!

As soon as I'm tempted to buy one I keep thinking to myself "knowing my luck once I do, they'll reveal a higher capacity model and reduce the prices of the current 500gb" so then I end up not buying it.

Judging from searches 1TB PS4 has been rumoured for quite a while. Part of me was hoping they'd reveal it at CES this week but it appears nothing new. Although there is this thing Nyko are making, which allows for expansion with 3.5" drives. They're generally cheaper than 2.5" drives so would be a cheaper upgrade option depending on the price of the device and whether or not people are worried about the look of it.

All i'll say is if in your budget, go for it. Dont wait for 1tb and stuff. It might take forever.
    I've got:
    Destiny
    Cod AW
    Thief
    Infamous Second Son
    BF4
    Shadow of Mordor
    Sniper Elite 3
    Watchdogs
    Injustice among gods
    AC Black Flag
    Last of us
    Killzone and a lot more....

Atleast half of above mentioned games are still installed on my ps4. U dont need to have all installed at the same time. At some point, you'll be done with a specific game when you can just delete.

Any top titles missing from above, are on my xbox one

Bear in mind if you are hesitating for £250-300 mark, 1TB aint gonna be anywhere around that. My guess would be atleast £400 if not less. Knowing marketing strategies, they would bundle games and rise price anywhere around £500 mark.

Edited by: "thegame999" 11th Jan 2015

Original Poster

dreadzone101

As soon as I'm tempted to buy one I keep thinking to myself "knowing my … As soon as I'm tempted to buy one I keep thinking to myself "knowing my luck once I do, they'll reveal a higher capacity model and reduce the prices of the current 500gb" so then I end up not buying it.Judging from searches 1TB PS4 has been rumoured for quite a while. Part of me was hoping they'd reveal it at CES this week but it appears nothing new. Although there is this thing Nyko are making, which allows for expansion with 3.5" drives. They're generally cheaper than 2.5" drives so would be a cheaper upgrade option depending on the price of the device and whether or not people are worried about the look of it.

Yep I'm the same, I just know when I decide to take the plunge they will either come down in price or release the bigger hard drive version.

That new Hard Drive looks ok and he said $30-$40 which is mega cheap....

Even if they released a 1tb I'd recommend buying a 500gb and using the money you save to buy a 2tb. I ran out of room pretty quickly on mine.

Don't dwell too much on storage, you can swap the drive yourself or think about the soon to be available Nyko Databank.

Incidentally, I have a pristine boxed PS4, vertical stand, charger and two controllers for sale. With The Last of Us Remastered (Sealed) £245 delivered.

Original Poster

MightyName

Don't dwell too much on storage, you can swap the drive yourself or think … Don't dwell too much on storage, you can swap the drive yourself or think about the soon to be available Nyko Databank.Incidentally, I have a pristine boxed PS4, vertical stand, charger and two controllers for sale. With The Last of Us Remastered (Sealed) £245 delivered.

I'm one of those people that only really buys brand new, thanks for the offer though.

Stick an ad up on here, I'm sure someone will have it off you.

Cheers
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Anyone use a FitBit Surge?23
      2. Iptv813
      3. Does Tesco call you after a delivery?1015
      4. Recommend a free reminder app44

See more discussions